1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swamp Rat and Wombat

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Currawong, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Currawong

Currawong Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2012
    A baby wombat has been hanging around my house the last couple of days.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I followed it for a bit
    [​IMG]

Lots of this around
    [​IMG]

Took some swamp rat and wombat pics
    [​IMG]

I got too close! It charged me!! ...At a slow jog, not a run. :D

I wondered what it's attack would be? It gently head-butted my foot until I backed off a little bit.

Here it is charging :eek::eek:
    [​IMG]

I backed off to about one metre away and now it is happy again :) Back to eating grass.
    [​IMG]

2. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Hilarious!!
    That baby wombat not afraid of the Infi

Those square poops are interesting.
    I watched a 12 minute YouTube video about this creature.

3. Jerry Busse

Jerry Busse Moderator Moderator

Aug 20, 1999
    My kids are going to flip over your pics!:cool::thumbsup::D

Nice!!!:cool:

Jerry:D

4. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Looks like a nice meal .are they good eating.
    You need to get a pic with a roo with a mistress tucked into the pouch .lol.
    Great pics

WatermanChris likes this.
  5. Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Or a koala with an ar15

6. Currawong

May 19, 2012
    Wombats are 100% gristle.

Nah, last time I tried that it hopped off with my Busse :mad: :eek: I'm not doing that again. :D

7. Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Spose youd have to track em thru the bush and they could be just after your infi .
    Great pics now i must get one of my rmd and a leprechaun .

8. Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Was unsure buddys said they ate female roos but not males is there a reason for that?

9. Currawong

May 19, 2012
    It's just more tender I think. Roo meat is good stuff !

10. RobStanley

RobStanley Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Wow man!!! Very cool. A Combat Wombat.

11. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    And that, is how infi gets into the swamp rat shop. Stolen infi!

WatermanChris and Currawong like this.
  12. oge14

oge14 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Very cool picture's.

13. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    That wombat looks like a cool little woods companion. Can they be domesticated? If so, you need to take it with you next time you go exploring old mining camps. Seems like it could alert you of any danger by dropping some of those little squares and protect you with its vicious charge ! :D:D:D

14. Currawong

May 19, 2012
    Not domesticated as such, to my knowledge, but they become familiar with you being around.

Once I stayed at a woman's house, a small stone cottage she'd built herself in a remote spot in the rainforest - Literally surrounded by old growth rainforest, trees right up to her door. We were sitting around in her small one-room cottage at night, watching the fire and chatting, and there was a knock at the door!! There are no houses for many miles around... she had an 8 kilometre long driveway... and it is pitch black outside, and she lives alone.

She wandered over to the door, opened it, and a wombat walked in. It had been knocking to be let in !! It walked to the middle of the room and then just stood there with it's slow, patient, stupid wombat stare and waited. She came back with a plate of oats and put it down and it started to eat them with a loud munching sound.

Wombats eat slowly so it took a long time, and I went back to watching the fire and chatting. Then I heard another knock at the door. The wombat had finished its oats and was knocking to be let out !! She opened the door and off it wandered. She said it did that every night.

AntDog, hydeinmind, cpirtle and 7 others like this.
  15. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    That is a cool story. That's my kind of pet! It still can do its thing in nature but just comes to hang out and eat. Oats are also a nice, inexpensive diet. Our cat eats raw food that costs $30 a week! She also like to crawl in our bed and purr really loud at all hours of the night.

What would it do if you tried to pick it up?

I'm going to have to watch that 12 minute YT video on the critter.

16. Currawong

May 19, 2012
    Well I've picked them up before so I can answer that. They try to bite you. Also, they're heavier than they look, so you don't want to carry them very far.

17. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    They're like little bowling balls with teeth! :D:D:D Very cool! :thumbsup::cool:

We don't have much wildlife in our area besides what we have as pets - snakes, lizards, chickens, and a cat so I always enjoy pics of the animals from Oz. I've read some stuff about roos being a bit of a nuisance but I wasn't sure about Wombats. They look pretty c:cool::cool:l.

DamascusBowie likes this.
  18. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Cut little bugger! Great pics.:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. JACKMANDU

JACKMANDU Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Very strange and cool creatures! Sad to think that Luke Skywalker blasted these little guys on his home planet.

DamascusBowie, Currawong and cpirtle like this.
  20. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2018

This sounds so far-fetched it's hard to believe!!
    My girls say they look fuzzy and cute and would like to have a few as pets :)

OnceBitten likes this.