Swamp Rat Ratius 15 Relic Coming To The Busse Combat Website Starting Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 9 PM Eastern !!!!

VooDooWitchDoctor

Meet The Ratius 15 Relic

The dictionary defines a relic as: An object surviving from an earlier time, especially one of historical or sentimental interest.

That is exactly what these are, Relics. Surviving from an earlier time and recently unearthed in a dark, dust-filled tomb-like room in the back of a warehouse.

These were destined to be the next Swamp Rat sword a while back. I set out to take the wildly popular OMG 15 from Scrapyard and make it my own. A personal quest to see if I could possibly improve upon an iconic blade. With nothing more than a dream and a Haas CNC machining center, I set to task. I began prototyping the new blades and getting set for the big unveil of my revamped masterpiece. Then tragedy struck! We lost our production heat treat furnace for SR-101. All I can do is slowly heat treat my prototype run one at a time in our small in-house prototyping oven. My plans of having the Swamp Rat Ratius go up in flames. So I packed up my prototype blades and my broken dreams in a crate and buried them to be lost to the ages and forgotten.

Then as if by fate, Garth mistakenly unearths my buried treasure. While overseeing the cleaning out of a warehouse, he finds my crate. Having no idea that this project ever existed, he takes one of the blades to Jerry who was equally in the dark on this project. They decide to screw with me and call me into the office to unveil "THEIR" recently discovered Relics. (Of course, trying to take all credit and glory for themselves).

Staying true to their idea of a forgotten relic, they sent samples to our friends at Blown Deadline to add to the theme. Having them apply the Antique Bronze Cerakote to both the blade as well as the Resiprene-C handle to create a masterpiece that appears to have been unearthed from a time long, long ago.

These prototype Relics have a smoother, more refined bevel and sport a fuller to add to the overall aesthetics of the sword. These refinements give these swords a very traditional look of a long-forgotten tool of war, from a bygone age.

The Cerakote not only gives these swords an awesome aged look, but it also offers industry-leading durability, scratch, and corrosion resistance. The master artisans at Blown Deadline apply this finish by hand and that ensures that each piece is unique and no two will be exactly the same.

Swamp Rat is proud to offer this small, limited run, that is sure to take its place as a cornerstone of your collection. Relics are rare and hard to come by. Years from now you will be the envy of all the Rats if you are able to snag one of these rare Relics before they are forever lost to the ages.

Perhaps this model could be resurrected in a different steel in the future as a full production run, but that my friends is for another time. I will tell you guys that "IF" this were ever to happen the price of this piece in SR-3V would be north of $800.00. Making this rare prototype version in SR-101 a truly amazing bargain.

These prototypes will be offered on the Busse Combat website starting Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 9 PM Eastern. These are very limited and will most likely be gobbled up quickly. This will be a true Rat Race!

The regular price with the blade refinements, tedious one-at-a-time heat treat, and Cerakote would be $698.95

The One-time-only Special Price is: $588.95

This is your one chance to score an amazing special edition Swamp Rat Ratius 15 Relic.

Specs:
Blade length = Approx. 15”
OAL = Approx. 22.5”
Blade Width = Approx. 1.68”
Thickness = Approx. .220”
Weight = Approx. 22 oz.
Bevel = Shallow Hollow
Steel = SR-101
Hardness = 58 – 60 Rc
Handle = Res-C w/Antique Bronze Cerakote
Blade Finish = Antique Bronze Cerakote

VooDoo

omg dan 3 new edge color no logo.jpg

ratius 5 edge and border.jpg

Sounds like there is only a small number of these still available. Don't wait too long.

Garth

Back