Swamp rat sheath help

Hey guys, my first post on this forum. I have been buying knives for almost 40 years and everything I own is a folding pocket knife. After seeing the Busse ads in the BLADE magazine and all the beautiful pictures here I finally decided to buy my first fixed blade. Here in CT. we are limited to blade lengths under 4 inches unless you are going to or coming from a hunt,so I opted for the Swamp Rat Rodent solution. I would like to carry it on my belt either inside or outside the waist band or in my edc bag.I prefer kydex, so pancake or taco style?, Tek-Lok or G clip? Thanks for your input. The wait begins....

Inside the waist-band, wouldn't you prefer a leather sheath? Leather pouch-style is classy and comfortable, Dwayne of Armorall Leather could hook you up, as could Ray of Wild Boar Blades (#4 sheath). That's my recommendation - leather.

Kydex sheaths, pancake tends to be wider = larger footprint, but also allows for more technical attachment points. Taco-style is simpler, lower profile that suits the size of the knife, easy to slip in a pocket even, but reduces your attachment options. If you like a high-ride sheath, Tek-Lok or G-clip would both work well - the latter is lower-profile and works as well on your waist-band as on a belt, the Tek-lok requires a belt and is a bit bulkier, holds the the sheath further out from your belt. If you go the kydex route and want to be able to vary your mounting options (height and angle), you could try out the 'universal kydex extension' as an alternative to just a tek-lok, I could drill it to fit a spyderco G-clip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COKvk-AcNzk

Back