SWEDGE......Worthwhile??

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether the swedge is worthwhile? Is it functional (if so how?), cosmetic or BOTH? :confused: Also how well do the serrations work?

I got the swedge added a few months ago. I think it is more for aesthetic than anything else. I like it. The serrations are configured a little different than most. They actually have "flat" teeth as opposed to the sharp teeth. This, IMO, makes it easier to sharpen (sharp teeth will eventually round off after enough sharpenings). CRK adds just enough serrations to make them work effectively, about 1 inch. Not only do they work well, they also look cool.

Attachments

• swedge.jpg
    swedge.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 365
..........frome talking to Bridget at CRK is that the swedge will give the regular blade easier penetration ability. I had asked about a swedge on the Classic blade but was told it wouldn't be of much use since the Classic already has a "pointy" blade shape. So I opted for double thumblugs for my large leather Classic. Still haven't sent for it yet:eek:

I like the serrations. I haven't actually seen any except in a picture though.

Those serrations look sweet! So does the swedge, but does it weaken the point strength a lot? I know knives are not "pry bars" :rolleyes: but these knives just beg to be used and occasionally you have put the tip under a bit of stress. How does the swedge hold up this? (or look like it would hold up)

I have a swedge and 2x thumbstuds on a small classic.
The swedge is very nice, feels great when in hand closed in my pocket.

Back