Swedish Military Surplus

Dis anyone get any the latest Swedish Military surplus axes from Sportsman's Guide? I pick up a couple because I was impressed with the one I bought a few years back when they had them. I also don't come across many smaller Boys axes in my travels, and they seem a handy size.
Not what some would expect for being list as "New" condition, but pretty good. Handles are 28", grain maybe 30degrees off vertical. Both heads loose, first one came off easy with a screw to pull the wedge. Second had about 3/8" of epoxy that had to be ground out with dremel before I could get to wedge- witch also got dremel treatment.
I' probably hang them on the same handles- might use a polyurethane glue in the one that was hung with epoxy. Polyurethane stays flexible and works fine on blacksmithing hammer I've seen.
ry%3D400

Thanks for the pics, the one sportsmans guide shows is the Swiss hatchet ,calling it Swedish.
The Swiss axe at the swisslink is what I like but I'm too cheap to spend for shipping

Thanks for the pics, the one sportsmans guide shows is the Swiss hatchet ,calling it Swedish.
The Swiss axe at the swisslink is what I like but I'm too cheap to spend for shipping

These are different. I got a few a couple years ago last time they had some and they're definitely Swedish. Good quality for the price.

I just received one and sent it back immediately. The description states 'LIKE NEW" (we all know better) but mine was hideously abused and damaged, head and haft. Junk. Not worth a rehab.

Some have won the lottery and received some decent axes. Knowing SG, it's always crap shoot with surplus stuff, IMO.

I think both have ash handles. I got a weight of 2lbs 11ozs on the head marked H B. Sweden Both axes are also marked with three crowns I agree the "New" description is off. My axes look like the qere used to hammer with more than chop . China price for quality axe. I'm not looking very hard, but dont see this size axe much so I took a chance. My first purchase year ago was an initial dissapointment I had expected a forged finish axe with rounded cheeks like the one pictured in SG catalog. A badly mushroomed KB42 show up. After removing the mushroomed sections I found it fit into a boys axe sheath . It has been in my vehicle ever since. Thats mainly why I took a chance again

Back