1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swiss Army Knife Identification

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by anw2387, Nov 23, 2018.

1. anw2387

anw2387

Nov 23, 2018
    Hello!
    I have a Swiss Army Knife that I have recently been given from a relative. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what model it is?
    Any help would be very appreciated!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mora2013

Mora2013

Dec 1, 2013
    I do not think that is a real “Swiss army knife”. Well, not made by Victorinox or wenger.

3. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    Not a real SAK; a Chinese knock-off. The scissors are a dead give away.
    Rich

4. Mora2013

Mora2013

Dec 1, 2013
    I don’t mean to bust your bubble anymore, since it was a family gift. It is probably best kept as a display item/keepsake rather than as a user. I found a YouTube review of the tool you have:

5. Mora2013

Mora2013

Dec 1, 2013
    Deleted. Accidental double post.

6. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Yeah, as Mora said, keep it as a keepsake, appreciate the thought behind it. If its a size and tool-set that you think works for you, then a swisschamp might be where you want to look, if you want one that big, or there are plenty smaller if you want a slightly reduced set of tools.

7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    One just like this was my first knife which my dad bought me at age 7, from the local Dollar tree store for of course $1.
    It was enough for me to learn how to safely handle a knife without cutting myself, but it didn't hold up for long.

I'm sure this would be a good keepsake from a family member though.

8. anw2387

anw2387

Nov 23, 2018
    Thank you everyone for your quick responses!