Swiss army or other knives available in Switzerland-on vacation

Are there any Swiss army knives available only in Switzerland or which are easier to buy here. We are on vacation in switzerland and I wanted to look around for some knives. any other quality knives available here that are not common in the US?

vjb.knife

Gold Member
There are some in Switzerland that are not sold in the USA. But I found SAK's to be much more expensive there and in Germany.

nephildevil

BANNED
i remember when on holiday in switzerland my parents had a hard time getting me away from all the knives in the outdoor n tourist shops over there

you can bet its gonna be expensive tho

all of switzerland is :(

There are a number of shops in the cities like Geneva and the tourist areas like Lake Lucerne, etc., that have incredible numbers and varieties of Victorinox and Wenger SAKs. It's been a long time but I do believe there are some versions available there you won't see here, at least not much. Problem right now is the dollar is in the tank, as I'm sure you are noticing every day, so it might be better to get them here.

rnr

Before Sept 11, I bought a SAK w/ a thermometer/altimiter at the Zurich airport. It took another 2 or so years before I saw it in the US.

I've been back a couple times since and haven't seen anything there that I couldn't get here. But you may find something.

There might be a Boker or Puma that you might like but can't find here. Don't know. Should be able to get a Boker (or other) auto. Are you going to cross over into Austria? You can get auto's there.

I found SAK's to be much more expensive there and in Germany.

And with the, to put it politely, "fertilizer-like" value of the U.S. dollar these days, you're better off buying anything you can at home. Can you imagine having to pay $200 for a Spyderco Endura!?! I've see the price tags. :mad:

You can keep an eye out for Klötzli knives. Not cheap, but good knives. If you are in Bern, then you can even visit Mr. Klötzlis shop. Google the name and take a look.

Spitz