Swiss Army Pioneer

Am looking at buying a Swiss Army knife to carry use in places where I may lose/damage my EDC stockman. Have heard good reports about the Victorinox Pioneer. Is there a Wenger version. Or any other SAK model reccommendations for that matter. Am thinking of it more of a outdoor/hunting back up knife so: main blade, saw blade. etc Not a fan of the big Swisschamp type models.

The Pioneer does not have a saw if I remember correctly. I looked at one in the store today. A really great SAK with a saw is the lockblade Trailmaster. It is a larger SAK but that means you a bigger saw too. The Trailmaster is pretty slim so it should be pretty easy to carry. If you prefer Wegner, get the Huntsman, it is a smaller model that has a good saw and scissors.

The Victorinox Pioneer is a series with alox handles, with only a few types sold in the USA. The USA Pioneer is a standard utility pattern, and the Electrician is similar but with a sheepsfoot instead of the can opener. In Switzerland, the series is much more extensive and includes models with a saw. Best source I know is www.swiss-knife.com . Look under alox handled models.

Back