Photos Swiss Heritage Co. (work progress thread)

This makes twice in a row that I've stamped the wrong side of the dangler, but I'm happy with the final dangler size I've landed on and the function of it. Will fit up to a 2" belt and has the right proportions to the sheath, much more aesthetic. Started annealing the solid brass turned rivets (which was work hardening them in the process), and now they don't chip when peening ;)

All in all these are getting pretty close to my idea of perfect. The retention on this one was spot on, gives that nice "suction" pop when it slips into place which isn't easy for 8-9oz leather devoid of a wooden insert. I'll try to get a shot of the clearance inside the sheath but for my purposes it's just so much more practical to use.

6zed.jpg
1bbf.jpg
3bbf.jpg
4bbf.jpg
2bbf.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Is the face the wrong side or have you now stamped both sides? You are one persnickety sheath maker. ;) All in a great way.
You see things that are "wrong" that I can only trust that you are right. :)

Keep on doing it. Your work is meticulous and stellar, for it.

Is the face the wrong side or have you now stamped both sides? You are one persnickety sheath maker. ;) All in a great way.
You see things that are "wrong" that I can only trust that you are right. :)

Keep on doing it. Your work is meticulous and stellar, for it.

I switched the dangler to flat side front on purpose, no peened rivet head for the handle contend with... but I'm so used to the flat side being on the back like I used to have it, that I keep stamping the wrong damn side lol.

So everything is arranged how I want it now, but the stamp should be on the backside of the dangler ;)

Also accidentally used .8mm thread instead of 1mm. Much prefer the look of the thicker thread, it's slight but I can tell.

Thank you Ray!

I have to ask - WHY? Doesn't that just put your makers mark away from view unless you are the pants? :oops:
Don't you prefer to have it visible?

Otherwise - De Nada Dude. :thumbsup:

I have to ask - WHY? Doesn't that just put your makers mark away from view unless you are the pants? :oops:
Don't you prefer to have it visible?

Otherwise - De Nada Dude. :thumbsup:

I want the sheath to look plain from the front. My personal preference is for makers marks to be subtle and unobtrusive, hence the small stamp.

The stamp on the side is already enough :) I am always blown away by a big giant branded logo on the front of a piece of kit (not in a good way lol).

Back