swissbianco - victorinox 100% copper swiss army knife

Amici,
First off, let me say that I'm not really a big fan of gluing any removable scale permanently to a SAK, no matter how pretty. But if I did, what do you think would be the best over the counter adhesive or specific knife making application to use to apply these scales?

I know SB has mentioned JB Weld, but I dunno if I agree with that particular product, especially since it's my understanding that it's quite messy to mix-up and apply. Maybe that's what one would use in Europa, but if anyone has done this, what is the best way to go? Gorilla Glue perhaps?

Inquiring minds would like to know, before I decide to possibly give this a go..

Cheers,
Serge

Amici,
First off, let me say that I'm not really a big fan of gluing any removable scale permanently to a SAK, no matter how pretty. But if I did, what do you think would be the best over the counter adhesive or specific knife making application to use to apply these scales?

I know SB has mentioned JB Weld, but I dunno if I agree with that particular product, especially since it's my understanding that it's quite messy to mix-up and apply. Maybe that's what one would use in Europa, but if anyone has done this, what is the best way to go? Gorilla Glue perhaps?

Inquiring minds would like to know, before I decide to possibly give this a go..

Cheers,
Serge

I used Gorilla Superglue on my copper scales and used a vice to clamp it down for ten minutes. Worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will these scales fit my Huntsman?
Also, do they come with the epoxy? If not, which epoxy do you recommend?

shqIfV7.jpg

I purchased copper and a set of Ti matte..Machining is absolutely perfect on both sets.

I did notice while attempting to force patina for 48 hrs covered in salt/baking soda and in an ammonia fume...to almost zero effect..

What is the Copper/Zinc ( or other material) %'s ?

Are there any plans for brass covers? I would buy 100% brass.

Back