Swisschamp Roll Call!

So who all here regularly carries a Swisschamp? Pocket or pouch? And besides the blade, what is your most used tool?

I carry mine in my front pocket, and I use the magnifying glass pretty often at work to inspect things my old eyes cannot quite make out!

I feel like with my Swisschamp, there is nothing I can't do! :D

Pouch, or jacket pocket. I use everything, regularly (even the hook). I agree, you feel you're set to handle it all.

Pouch on my belt, right beside my cellphone.

The corkscrew gets a lot of duty. Not that I drink much, but it seems that there's always a bottle of wine lying around, and never any corkscrews:rolleyes:

Besides that, the Philips screwdriver, toothpick and tweezers probably get used the most.

Guy

In pocket within a nylon pouch to keep out lint. Scissors probably get most use

My Swisschamp hangs from a belt by shoelace lanyard into my right front pocket, suspended along the rear seam. It hooks onto a clip by the small split ring for a fast on/off. Formerly it rode in a belt pouch, but this works better and provides a piece of string, if needed.

During 12 years I have used every implement except for the backspring mounted small screwdriver, which fits nothing, and the small knife blade, intentionally kept unused in case of medical emergency. I'm not sure which
I use most, but there is nothing I would dispense with. Often I use tools for purposes they weren't intended.

There are several knives and multi-tools in my EDC rotation, but the champ usually makes the cut.;)

I normally carry my SwissChamp if I am travelling further than 100 miles. It is a great tool for all occasions.

My SwissChamp has a running battle going with my CyberTool 41. :)

Each does things the other cannot. The CyberTool 41 wins during the week, when I may have to take apart a computer case. The SwissChamp wins on weekends. Each rides on my belt in a nylon sheath.

I may get the XLT and just carry that! :D

Lately, however, my brand spanking new Spirit has been winning. :thumbup: Love those pliers and the funky blade in such a slim package.

I feel your pain cardimon! I have the same problem with my SwissChamp and Cybertool 41, I just love that bit driver!

I think that the blade is the least used tool on my SwissChamp, since I always carry a bigger folder or fixed blade. The scissors, screwdrivers and saw are probably what I use the most.

I carry my SwissChamp in a belt pouch.

Lately, though I've been carrying a SwissTool Spirit which is a great (and light!) multitool, so I've been using thinner SAKs, specially alox, since I don't need to have that many tools and the alox awls rock.

Back