Swords

idahoskunk

Gold Member
how about that sword stuff? did we decide there was enough interest to make a hundred or so? i believe it was to be broad with a 16" blade. all we needed was about 25 more votes or so....

I will buy two swamp swords!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I will have the ultimate swords for my double swords style.:D :D :D

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Darkjedi - May the Force be with you.

yes i need a couple also! just a few more and we should have a full order!

I am very interested! I recall various dimensions/designs being discussed. Was a consensus reached on what most folks wanted?
Stay Safe,
Clyde

Sword! What's this about a sword??? Is it going to be
a simple Wakazashi style sword with about a 20" blade??? Please say it's true. :eek:

There was a debate on style and a better one on length- although a lonely skunk appears to be pushing for a Roman board sword. (20 inch Idaho! :D) No solid final design was agreed on.. yet. If any indication, the 2 styles that Busse has made so far have been Americanized Wakazashis. (why mess with what works?) I almost have my hands on a copy of Eric's high school yearbook- so this wish may come true folks! ;)

I am stubbornly sticking to a 18" to 20-" Black crinkle coated Wakazashi style sword. Intergal gaurd with a 9" Resprene C handle.
Sheath would by cordura with kydex insert with eyelets for mutiple carry options.

Perhaps we need to establish a poll?

Originally posted by rch
I am stubbornly sticking to a 18" to 20-" Black crinkle coated Wakazashi style sword. Intergal gaurd with a 9" Resprene C handle.
Sheath would by cordura with kydex insert with eyelets for mutiple carry options.

Perhaps we need to establish a poll?

Poll established and FIRST vote received
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by rch

Sounds like a good start to me!

I snipped the following from another froum but it may articulate desirable features for a short sword meant primarily as CQC weapon and not as a brush cutter.
Stay Safe,
Clyde

Short sword length and relatively narrow and light blade so that it is wicked fast and maneuverable in the hand.

The point in line with the long axis of the weapon so that thrusting is accurate and effortless.

Enough of a curve or recurve to the primary edge so that it bites into the target really well, thus maximizing slashing ability despite the narrow, light blade.

Blade distal tapered with either a convex or a convex-edged hollow ground blade profile.

Sharpened swedge for backcutting.

A guard that protects the hand.

A handle that curves down a little to aid in retention during high speed directional changes and also to facilitate both coming to point and slashing.

I'm in...but my only change would be for a cord-wrapped option (ala Strider-style)

make mine like the american kensia with a little broader blade.
no gladiator sword for me.

No gladiator sword?! Dang Skunk, I thought you wanted to be called Skunkis Maximus from now on..... :D Now I have to put away all the "Life of Bryan" quotes.

Glad that we may finally agree on a design- I knew you would give in eventualy. ;)

Back