1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Swords

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by idahoskunk, Sep 8, 2002.

1. idahoskunk

idahoskunk Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2002
    how about that sword stuff? did we decide there was enough interest to make a hundred or so? i believe it was to be broad with a 16" blade. all we needed was about 25 more votes or so....

2. Bravado

Bravado

Feb 14, 2002
    I'll buy one! But how about an 18 incher.

3. JohnS

JohnS

Apr 14, 2002
    I'd take one too

4. Darkjedi2

Darkjedi2

Jun 30, 2001
    I will buy two swamp swords!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I will have the ultimate swords for my double swords style.:D :D :D

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Darkjedi - May the Force be with you.

5. idahoskunk

Mar 10, 2002
    yes i need a couple also! just a few more and we should have a full order!

6. Warriorsociologist

Warriorsociologist

Dec 12, 2001
    An 18" blade sounds good to me. I'll take one.

7. rawhide_clyde

rawhide_clyde

Dec 23, 2000
    I am very interested! I recall various dimensions/designs being discussed. Was a consensus reached on what most folks wanted?
    Stay Safe,
    Clyde

8. CUTIGER 3

CUTIGER 3

Mar 31, 1999
    Yep, count me IN

9. Jeffrey S

Jeffrey S

Jul 11, 2002
    I'm in too.

10. Raden

Raden

Mar 20, 2002
    I'm in.;)

11. idahoskunk

Mar 10, 2002
    count me in too! come on were're getting closer!!

12. Nobody

Nobody

Dec 13, 2000
    Sword! What's this about a sword??? Is it going to be
    a simple Wakazashi style sword with about a 20" blade??? Please say it's true. :eek:

13. batfam

batfam

Jul 20, 2002
    I am in! Everyone needs a sword laying around the house.:D

14. rch

rch

Dec 2, 1999
    There was a debate on style and a better one on length- although a lonely skunk appears to be pushing for a Roman board sword. (20 inch Idaho! :D) No solid final design was agreed on.. yet. If any indication, the 2 styles that Busse has made so far have been Americanized Wakazashis. (why mess with what works?) I almost have my hands on a copy of Eric's high school yearbook- so this wish may come true folks! ;)

I am stubbornly sticking to a 18" to 20-" Black crinkle coated Wakazashi style sword. Intergal gaurd with a 9" Resprene C handle.
    Sheath would by cordura with kydex insert with eyelets for mutiple carry options.

Perhaps we need to establish a poll?

15. CUTIGER 3

CUTIGER 3

Mar 31, 1999
    Poll established and FIRST vote received
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

16. rawhide_clyde

rawhide_clyde

Dec 23, 2000
    Sounds like a good start to me!

I snipped the following from another froum but it may articulate desirable features for a short sword meant primarily as CQC weapon and not as a brush cutter.
    Stay Safe,
    Clyde

Short sword length and relatively narrow and light blade so that it is wicked fast and maneuverable in the hand.

The point in line with the long axis of the weapon so that thrusting is accurate and effortless.

Enough of a curve or recurve to the primary edge so that it bites into the target really well, thus maximizing slashing ability despite the narrow, light blade.

Blade distal tapered with either a convex or a convex-edged hollow ground blade profile.

Sharpened swedge for backcutting.

A guard that protects the hand.

A handle that curves down a little to aid in retention during high speed directional changes and also to facilitate both coming to point and slashing.

17. Warriorsociologist

Warriorsociologist

Dec 12, 2001
    I'm in...but my only change would be for a cord-wrapped option (ala Strider-style)

18. idahoskunk

Mar 10, 2002
    make mine like the american kensia with a little broader blade.
    no gladiator sword for me.

19. rch

rch

Dec 2, 1999
    No gladiator sword?! Dang Skunk, I thought you wanted to be called Skunkis Maximus from now on..... :D Now I have to put away all the "Life of Bryan" quotes.

Glad that we may finally agree on a design- I knew you would give in eventualy. ;)

20. Warriorsociologist

Warriorsociologist

Dec 12, 2001
    ok...so the claymore is out???? ;)