SYKCO Proudly Introduces The DB-522. . . . Coming This Sunday, 5-29-2022 at 9:00 PM Eastern

Jerry Busse

SYKCO DB-522 is coming this Sunday, 5-29-2022 at 9:00PM Eastern to both the Busse Combat and Scrap Yard websites.

This fine-edged Camp Cleaver will be equally at home in the woods as it will be in your kitchen!

The added weight in the tip greatly enhances the balance and chopping power of the DB-522

The DB-522 will quickly become one of your favorite food prep and tinder making tools.

DB-522 Specs:
Overall Length: Approx 11.375"
Blade Length: Approx. 6.25"
Thickness: Approx. .210"
Steel: SR-101
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
Handle: Black Resiprene-C

Price:
Coated: $149.95
Stonewashed: $159.95*
Scrap Satin: $169.95*
Light machining marks may be visible.

DB-522 Scrap Satin Finish
DB-522 satin.jpg

DB-522 Stonewashed Finish
DB-522 stone washed.jpg

DB-522 Coated Finish

DB-522 coated.jpg

I wasn’t then I saw it was a clever. Wish it was full flat but I might have to get two.

I really like SYKCO's a lot but they could be so much better without that #$%^&@! choil. Anyone use the choil on these smaller knives? For me it would function better and look ten times better without it. Am I in the minority?

These are awesome in the kitchen. As well as in the field. Batonning for friggin day's, breaking down mid to large game.

I also like the choil for close up fuzz stick work. Extend your pointer on the spine. Pinch the blade with your thumb and middle finger. Use your ring finger in the choil. To rock and guide the blade while skinning.

I really like SYKCO's a lot but they could be so much better without that #$%^&@! choil. Anyone use the choil on these smaller knives? For me it would function better and look ten times better without it. Am I in the minority?
I’m usually indifferent toward the function, but hate the aesthetic on small-medium knives. The ricasso it creates doesn’t scale with with the blade, making it ugly (BATAC). While I’ve felt that way for years, it doesn’t bother me on this knife. The extra weight makes me think it could be useful and the lack of an upswept tip fills a void needed to balance the excessive ricasso.

Don’t forget he currently available DB-421….

I was going to put that up but it is a almost 8" blade.
Thought maybe he just wanted 6" or so

Back