1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

T2500

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by AF, Jan 2, 2019.

1. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Guess they didn't want to follow WE Knife's lead. WE has made some awesome slicers like the Wisp, Practic and others.

2. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Yeah, I need to pick up one of those new WEs sometime. This is going to be a blocky little blade with only 2.5" length and nearly 0.16" thick at the high flats. It's a shame really. Imagine what they could have done with 0.11" to 0.12" thick stock.

3. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    I believe they always measure that at the top. What it is behind the edge only they know.

4. Agartha Audio

Agartha Audio Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Any info on release date???

5. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    It was supposed to be in December but they must be running behind.

6. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    Yes WE Knife have been killing it over the past year. My company started selling them a year ago and I believe our figures show we sold more of their knives than all the others put together.

Alsharif likes this.
  7. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    @ReaTe Any updates on if these shipped to dealers? Last I read they were expected to ship the week of Jan 6.

8. Xander3Zero

Xander3Zero Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Are they not available anywhere yet? I thought I saw on Knife Joker's website that they were in stock, but maybe that was incorrect?

9. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    Haven't seen them at any dealers.

10. Agartha Audio

Jun 20, 2015
    Yeah, it's only a pre-order as of now. I've been stalking em like a leopard!

11. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    They will be released after the Chinese New Year holiday which ends February 15th.

AF likes this.
  12. Xander3Zero

Xander3Zero Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Any idea when the T3000 will be releasing?

13. Agartha Audio

Jun 20, 2015
    Thanks for the info man! Fiending for this one...

14. True Talon

True Talon

Aug 14, 2016
    I don't have info on any other knives from Reate. But you can always email them. :)

I just got back from the SHOT Show (a 14 hour flight back to Sydney) and saw a lot of my other suppliers there. Liong Mah had some very nice new knives made by Reate)
    But now I'm off to get some sleep.....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  15. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I'm all-in for a T4000 and T3500! :thumbsup:

16. MaxRichards

MaxRichards Knife Collector Platinum Member

Feb 14, 2019
    Definitely want, but I'm only seeing it with ambiguous "some point in the future" pre-order dates. Anyone got a release date on this puppy?

17. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    It's supposed to be at dealers in early March.

18. Agartha Audio

Jun 20, 2015
    It's in stock at KJ (retailer w/ wild card/funny guy in the name)!!! Just got a shipping notice last night, pretty excited about this one.

update: should arrive Thursday, I'll post a mini review soon.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  19. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    I see this in stock at a few dealers and they all list the blade thickness as 0.13". So I guess it is a thinner blade after all.
    After watching a couple vids I'm going to pass on this one. It's very small.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 2:46 PM
  20. Agartha Audio

Jun 20, 2015
    Mine just arrived. First impressions are super positive, but it is definitely a tiny knife - smaller than I had expected despite nerding out over pics and specs. I'll post some pics and a mini review once I've had a chance to use and carry her for a couple days.