Tactical Pinto

is.php

302 Boss, on Bronco frame/drivetrain.

Used this in the mid 80's to chase ATVers when I was doing Estate Security. They used to fox my patrol truck, because there were sections of trail that had branches low enough to rip off my light bar. The Pinto just squeezed under. They would go :eek: when they turned around and saw a Pinto Bumper at helmet height.:D Of all my cars, I miss this one the most. Fool kid rolled it three days after buying it, even though I gave him a driving lesson, and made him sign an awareness release. :(

Cool! I once owned one of those cars. What a piece of junk! It had all of the sophistication of a buckboard in its suspension, although the 2.0L SOHC four cylinder engine was a truly nice piece of work. The back seat was acceptable ONLY for children up through age 6 or so.

I once drew a cartoon of a guy shoving a Cosworth-Ford V-8 Formula 1 engine into a Pinto while his buddy watched, observing, "I don't think that the tech inspectors are going to buy that as Showroom Stock." "Showroom Stock" was a class of SCCA racing at the time where you could enter cars that were truly street machines with rollbars welded into them. That was about the ONLY mechanical alteration allowed.

My dad used to drive Pintos to work. Man, what pieces of crap. Did your's have the typical "fresh air vent" where the floor would be in other cars?

And is that you in the picture?

-Bob

Back in ''78, we were staying at a motel near Disneyland. A Pinto owner left his car on idle while he went into his room. The Pinto's transmission somehow went into drive, the car drove over the parking bump and crashed into a motel room. Good thing no one was hurt.

More importantly..who is the babe in the pic?

K.V. Collucci said:
More importantly..who is the babe in the pic?

My 'X', if I had looked into a crystal ball back then, I would have sold her along with the car...

How did you climb into it wearing that miniskirt?

mycroftt, I assure you, if a picture existed of me in a miniskirt, you would all be :barf: :barf: :barf: (I hope). Ken can vouch for this.

It was cute watching her get out though. All the guys at the beach would crowd around and wait for that magic moment after she opened the door, and started to get out. :eek: :D

FullerH said:
Cool! I once owned one of those cars. What a piece of junk! It had all of the sophistication of a buckboard in its suspension, although the 2.0L SOHC four cylinder engine was a truly nice piece of work. The back seat was acceptable ONLY for children up through age 6 or so.

I once drew a cartoon of a guy shoving a Cosworth-Ford V-8 Formula 1 engine into a Pinto while his buddy watched, observing, "I don't think that the tech inspectors are going to buy that as Showroom Stock." "Showroom Stock" was a class of SCCA racing at the time where you could enter cars that were truly street machines with rollbars welded into them. That was about the ONLY mechanical alteration allowed.

I have to differ. I had a '73 hatchback, and found it to be a fairly decent car. I bought it from my grandfather with 37k miles on it in '79. (He always took it to the local Ford garage for service.) I put over 100k miles on it, and never had any "serious" breakdowns. The one thing about this car was the starter. I must have changed it 4 times in the 10 years that I owned the car.

As far as the V-8 in the Pinto goes, a guy at my High School did that. I don't recommend it!

That reminds me of a show I saw recently where a guy dropped a 1500 horsepower racing motor in a Nash Metropolitan. Mind you that the stock version of the Metro went from zero to sixty in 30 seconds...

I wouldn't recommend dropping an HO 8 in a stock Pinto either. But on the Bronco Drivetrain it was fine. I could light up all 4 tires in 4WD (gets expensive though).

This is me around the same time frame, maybe a year or to later. No way am I posting a regular picture of myself, as I have no desire to see myself in a miniskirt, and have seen what the photochoppers are capable of here. :p

is.php

Guys, do you have any idea of the engine to which I am referring? The Cosworth-Ford DFV V-8 is a DOHC 32 valve racing engine, initially developed for Formula 1 racing. It won its very first race in 1967 Dutch Grand Prix and went on winning for many years afterwards. In turbocharged form, it also dominated Indianapolis and other Championship Car racing for some years. This is not your everyday Ford V-8. Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford-Cosworth_DFV

And, besides, I was drawing it as a cartoon! It was a joke!

My folks had a '73 Pinto wagon (fake wood paneling, FM converter, 8-track deck on the floor- the works) when I was in High School & I drove the hell out of it until I bought my 1st car (Senior Year '81). That Pinto & I had some serious fun. Apparently, the wagon was the only Pinto that didn't go boom if rear-ended.

It looks like an R65LS.

Photo brings back memories, I had an 84 R65. Great agile quick bike.

jackknife said:
It looks like an R65LS.

Photo brings back memories, I had an 84 R65. Great agile quick bike.

Yup R65LS, miss it more than the Pinto. Agreed to sell it, and quit riding until my son was an adult, after his mother, Pinto Girl above, took off when he was 7 months old. My parents were afraid I'd get killed riding it, and they'd have to raise my son themselves. :( God I miss a motor and two wheels...

I'm sorry, Bladewolf. I know how easy it is to get attached to a boxer. I traded off my 84R65 for a 89 R80 and I loved them both. Then I made the mistake of getting a K75. The K was a great bike, smooth as oiled silk, fast, comfy, but it just had no personallity like a boxer.

I'd love to get another 80 something Beemer. :(

bubbacatfish said:
Even more importantly, does he have any more pics of her??? :D

Most others I have of her are... uh, not appropriate for this forum. Nor would I post them anyway, unless she did something further to really piss me off, which is highly unlikely. :eek: :mad: ;)

is.php

is.php

Bladewolf said:
Most others I have of her are... uh, not appropriate for this forum. Nor would I post them anyway, unless she did something further to really piss me off, which is highly unlikely. :eek: :mad: ;)

I expect to see those pics when we meet up again next week at the diner. I'm not kidding either.

K.V. Collucci said:
I expect to see those pics when we meet up again next week at the diner. I'm not kidding either.

I'll have to see if there are any of her alone. They are from a shoot she did with her GF. They were 'experimenting'. If not, you may be SOL my friend. While the X is a fugitive from justice in NJ and living in CA, the GF, I believe, resides in Clifton. That's all I need, you hosing her down and saying "hey, I recognise that @ss"! :p :D

Hey, would I be the first person to get banned from BF for failure to produce pic??? :cool:

Here's one of the 4x4 that replaced the Monster Pinto, and the GF that replaced the Monster Bia'tch. Still have the Ranger, although it's in sad shape, still have the GF, although she's married, with kids, living in Germany. ;)

is.php

Back