Take down vest pocket bowie w/video

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by john april, May 16, 2017.

1. john april

john april

Feb 27, 2006
    Take down vest pocket bowie. 4 3/4" 1084 stock removal blade. flat ground. 4 1/8" handle. black linen micarta. handle parts are stainless steel. leather sheath with ostrich shin face. Video below the photos. please forgive the fingerprints, i was not aware the gloves had powder on the outside until it was too late :) thanks for looking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AVigil

AVigil Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Beautiful, you have been knocking them out of the park!

3. Josh Rider

Josh Rider Stuff maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 2, 2014
    Man, that knife and sheath are spectacular! You make micarta and 1084 look like a million bucks.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    John!!! Your mastery seems to increase exponentially with each knife you make my friend. :)

After looking at the Galley of your work on your website, I find it extraordinary seeing all of the different types and styles of knives you've made and the materials you've used. This little jewel is just another example of your superb and awesome craftsmanship....virtually perfect fit and finish.....bravo!!!! :)

That's a lucky customer right there.... ;)

5. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Both knife and sheath are absolutely gorgeous.

6. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Love it! Everything about that seems perfect to me. I couldn't have imagined a nicer knife.

7. Matthew Gregory

Matthew Gregory Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2005
    John, I am just in total awe of you, man.

That is too slick. I love it all, but the fitment is what impresses me most. WOW!!!!

8. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    super neat piece

9. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker - Buckeye Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    Splendid work John - it's apparent a lot of time went into fit and finish. :thumbsup:

10. Bill_Mead

Bill_Mead

Mar 19, 2002
    Very nice, I love take downs.

11. i4Marc

i4Marc

Oct 19, 2011
    Superior craftsmanship. The sheath is very handsome. Great set.

12. john april

john april

Feb 27, 2006
    thank you guys !

13. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    I got this exceptionally fine Work of Art from John and it's more perfect than it looks in the video....absolutely stunning!!!!! :cool:

I do want to thank John so very much for another stellar build but as to me being his "Best Customer", I'm not so sure about that but, maybe his most prolific!!!! :D

If any of you haven't gotten one of Mr. April's magnificent pieces of Edged Art, I would suggest you do.... ;)

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Josh Rider likes this.
  14. lmbhami

lmbhami

Aug 20, 2008
    Excellent work John

15. john april

john april

Feb 27, 2006
    thank you gentleman. dudley your words are continually inspiring. thanks buddy :)