Taking a new Laconico design for a test drive

lambertiana

Gold Member
One nice thing about living close to Ray is that I get to see many of his knives. Occasionally, he will let me carry a new design for a few days to see what I think about it. Today I picked up this new one:
P3311914.jpg

P3311923.jpg

What is so different about this? It is a very slim framelock, only 5/16" thick:
P3311924.jpg

P3311927.jpg

Comparison with a Buck Mayo, small Sebenza, and a standard Laconico framelock:
P3311937.jpg

It is 4 7/16" closed, 8 15/16" overall, blade is A2, 3 1/2". It just melts into your pocket. Although it is thin, I did not notice any flex at all when whittling both green apple wood and well-seasoned dry plum wood. This is a knife that would easily fit in as a gent's folder, but is robust enough for some real use. It has my stamp of approval.

A few more pics:
P3311928.jpg

P3311934.jpg

And a final comparison shot:
P3311936.jpg

That is a fantastic knife, love that bladeshape and the thinness. :thumbup:

Every time I see these, I reach for my wallet, just to find it sadly empty. Beautiful knife, though.

Eff me, that's a great design. I hope I don't see one of these come up for sale, because I won't be able to resist it.

Looks really nice. Awesome gentlemans knife being so thin and probably razor sharp. Kind of reminds me of a more pointy insingo.

John thanks for posting the pictures and taking the knife for a test drive.

Thanks all for the comments. I like the concept of the skinny knife. I may just apply it on a different design.

I'm in love with that blade profile, should be just about the perfect EDC shape for me.

I'd prefer a bit more negative blade angle. I think, that is how you describe it at least... :p basically with the blade angling down a bit more overall, putting it in line with your wrist for natural cutting... Like how most Spydies are.

Back