Taking apart the Sebenza!

The small used Sebenza that I bought recently was starting to get dull and the action was not very smooth. First I sharpened it up on my Lansky, and it took a while to remove the factory edge and put on the 25 degree angle. After I raised a burr, I used the medium stone and then the ultra fine (I like the ultra fine much better than the fine). Now it is nice and shaving sharp!
Next, I took it apart to lube it up. This was a snap!(maybe it was so easy because the last knife I took apart was a SOG Arc-Lock) Now it is super smooth! I was worried because of all the stories I have heard of on BF about putting it back together wrong, but I guess I did it right.
There are so many things that make this knife so good!

K man, K-guy here! Where in the boonies of Mich. are ya? I have family all over.

If your Sebbie wasn't put together right, it wouldn't work! Good job!:) This is one of best things about the Sebenza. I love the fact that you can take it apart for cleaning. I'm spoiled now with the other knives I get. Some can be taken apart, others not. Not that I carry anything other than a Sebbie most of the time. But hey...I'm a knife guy(pun intended)!:D

RW

Originally posted by K man
First I sharpened it up on my Lansky, and it took a while to remove the factory edge and put on the 25 degree angle.

K man -

I'm not familiar with the Lansky system. Is 25 degrees the total included angle, or the angle per side (i.e., 50 degree total angle)?

Congratulations on successfully reassembling your Sebbie. I wasn't so lucky my first time, but the CRK forum regulars here straightened me out right quick! (thanks OwenM ;) :p :D)

Matthew

Starfish- It is marked 25 degrees per side, but in reality it is probably only 23 per side.
K-guy- The boonies in which I live are outside of Lansing in the Haslett area.

Back