talonite edc

Does anyone know anything about the Talonite EDC for sale at Knifeart,com? These seem a little pricy at $575!! I really like the talonite and have one with a fixed blade. I would like to have a folder, but I can't get past this price. Anyone think this is a realistic price for a plain folder, it is a custom, just because it has a talonite blade??
Thanks for the help.

Hi hos,

That price seems about right to me...most Talonite folders out there are in that range...from what I understand, Talonite costs 5-10 times the price of regular steel AND it requires A LOT more labour to work with. Also, I hear that Talonite supply is low (but that's rumour for now)....bottom line, expect to pay at least $125 extra for a Talonite blade.

RL

Yeah, I'd think that price is just about right also, and probably a good price for a collaboration piece.

Talonite is very limited in availability, with unique positive qualities as a blade material. It's a "slippery" alloy that cuts aggressively after it's lost what most of us feel (by touch) is a sharp edge.

My edc is a recurved TNT I bought from Tom Mayo. I've been into fine blades for decades, and I've never had an edc that has served me so long with so little maintainance.

Not the blade material for everyone, but this dad thinks it's pretty damn good, and well worth the bucks.

AL

When the first batch of 2BK's came out that was the price from the makers.

Seems in line to me. Speaking from experience mine was worth every cent and has become a favorite carry.

That is the custom version. You can get the Camillus talonite EDC for much cheaper. As a matter of fact the Camillus talonite EDC is one of the best values going.

Sounds like a Mayo.
You'll get past the price once you've had one in use for awhile.
I currently have a medium and hope Tom is working on my small as we speak.
Mrdi

One thing that you have to know about talonite is that it is very hard to work. This is the bigest reason that it is higher. You have to drill it with carbite for one, it comes in odd sizes and you cant surface grind it. It has carbite in it so you can't cut it down on the mill ither so what you get is what you got. Grinding it is very diferant that any kind of steel becase it gets slick after any belt after 120g. This is just some of the stuff that you have to pay for from the custom makers that are using it if you just wanted to know.

Back