Talonite Fang and Utility?

there doesnt seem to be many replies to this thread, would it be possible to put a link to it from the general discussions forum or maybe the bladeforums store forum?

the reason i ask this is because i was interested in the talonite fang or talonite utility, but i dont stop in here much, and i only came across this when reading up for trivia
smile.gif

anyways, im sure there are other members on bladeforums here that would like a talonite neck knife, but just arent aware of this thread, would it be okay to put up a post somewhere else to get there attention?

------------------
AKTI member #A000911

I'd be interested in a talonite Fang or Utility. Any ideas about the sheath or delivery time, if you do get 25?
therealhjk@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by HJK (edited 14 October 1999).]

[This message has been edited by HJK (edited 14 October 1999).]

Okay, I am in for a nice utility and a chance to have talonite and see Rob's work.

sing

AKTI #A000356

I notice several or more responses for a Talonite Fang, or "either/or". But, apparently Rob is only liscensed to make a Utility, if and only if there are 25 people truly interested. I assume "interest" means in the Utility. Should 'we', in addition to making it more widely known, also start a new thread for a Talonite Utility Neck Knife, so it is more obvious that it isn't an either/or proposition?

------------------
Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug.
Outlaw_Dogboy

I had assumed you or Rob would email the interested persons. If you start a new thread, the posters to the old thread might miss the distiction in the new thread ie, utility only and no fang. If you email the posters to the old thread, that problem will vanish; and you may clarify things for the new people reached. Anyway, for myself, I'm in for a fang or utility. If Rob is only licensed for a utility, I'm in for that. I'm still interested in knowing delivery time frame and sheath ideas.
TheRealHJK@hotmail.com

I would also like a Utility in Talonite. I already have one of Rob's Talonite Cetans, a Utility would be a great piece in this material. Come on guys, if we can generate a bit more of a crowd, we'll BE THERE.!!!

Count me in for a Talonite Utility, the idea is just too irresistible
smile.gif

------------------
Reynaert

Hi everyone, something that I should mention is my backlog. With the popularity of Talonite and some new developements my backlog has increased to 15 to 16 months at this time. These knives would be put at the end of my list. I am not only getting farther and farther behind, but am even running late on a few customers and I dio not like that! I have even spoke to Bob about scrapping the project on my end. Hope you arent too dissapointed!

------------------
www.simonichknives.com

[This message has been edited by Rob Simonich (edited 20 October 1999).]

Rob, you are the one who can make the call. If it means other projects already contracted will be completed sooner, I don't see how we can complain. I know there are a lot of folks out there waiting for a knife from you (duh, like me!!) so I guess we shouldn't add to the workload ! That is the blessing and curse of being a popular maker I guess. I did like the sound of the Utility in Talonite, but I can struggle along w/o one
wink.gif

Rob, your call, obviously. 15-16 months wait would give me time to save up for it. Or time to wait for a disaster, who knows. Either way, there's nothing we can do on it from our end, except to support it if you and Bob decide to carry through.

It would have been knice... oops, I mean, "nice"... though.
frown.gif

------------------
Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug.
Outlaw_Dogboy

Rob, I would wait for it, but if you you decide not to proceed I guess I'll just have to order a different talonite from you and wait for that. Please let us know what you decide within the next few weeks. If you're not sure and your decision depends on how many poeple are willing to wait, maybe you should start a new thread or email directly.A new thread would be alot faster for you. I'll check back here, but some interested posters might not. Tough to be so good that you're in too much demand, eh? A nice problem to have, but I hear you deserve it.

I want a talonite fang, possibly a utility, and especially with such a long wait, then I can buy a Hobbit Wrrior in the meantime!
smile.gif

Let us know about your decision since Im sure many people are eager to buy either in standard versions but wants to wait to see if they can get a talonite.

I know that I would like one.

------------------
Dennis Bible

I now have a 1095 Utility Neck Knife and I REALLY Want a Talonite Version.

Is there any chance of resurrecting this idea?

------------------
AKTI Member No. A000370
Email: DouglasSctt@Netscape.net

I'll buy one or two...

------------------
"Hi, I'm Fish, and I'm a Taloniteaholic..."
copfish@aol.com

Back