Talonite (r) knife contest winner

The winner of the EDI Genesis Talonite (r) knife and the EDI Genesis steel knife is Gary W Graley whose entry is below. The contest was actually a drawing. The reasons were for fun but this is a pretty clever entry.

Thanks to all who entered.

tom

Gary W. Graley
Senior Member posted 01 July 1999 02:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for the knife, I like to say a few words abou....what? Oh I thought I won....hmmm why should I win, cause as over 2,000 others on this forum, I haven't won anything yet? Not good enough? well then.....
How about, My wife's name is Taloneena? And it be real swell if I could have such a neat knife that would be so close to my loving wife's name? (well her name could've been Taloneena, but it's not really, nuts, ahhh, an idea, I'll name my next child after the knife!)

G2

------------------
It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me,
it is the parts that I do understand.
Mark Twain
www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

Gary, you lucky devil you!!! CONGRATS!!!
smile.gif

Dan

I was more shocked than the rest of you!

I still can't believe it!!!

I can't wait for those knives! It's just too special....

Thanks again Tom!!!!

And yes, you guys are allowed to envy me, just a little....
wink.gif

G2

Maybe you can give us some free sheaths, since we're the first ones to greet you, hahahahaha!!!
smile.gif
just kidding.
smile.gif

Dan

DannyC
Hmmm, gee that's a thought!

I'll get back to you on that....we'll do lunch? Check's in the mail? My lawyer will call your lawyer?

I thought it over, and you can see the process my mind goes through from the above!, and I guess I'll have to pass, but it was a thought, I'll give you that!
smile.gif

Special thanks to DannyC for being the first to congrat me! I am slowly winding down from the initial blast of the news, man it is really special to win something! I think I'll be giving one of the knives to one of my three daughters.

BTW take a peek in the Community Section for my listing of a Fathers 10 rules concerning dating his daughters.

take care
G2

PS, Thanks again to Tom Walz, just wanted to make sure I said thanks again, I better sit down a while and close my eyes a bit till the room stops spinning!

[This message has been edited by Gary W. Graley (edited 13 July 1999).]

Hahahaha!! I was just kidding, Gary!
smile.gif
But really, you deserved that knife due to your unique reason! I mean, "Taloneena" ?? LOL!!!

Lunch would be fine! Though I would have to fly halfway across the world to do that.
smile.gif

Hey, remember, you OWE us a review of the knife once it gets there, okay?
smile.gif

Regards to your cute daughters! specially the youngest! she's really cute!
smile.gif
Reminds me of my daughter!

Dan

Oh yeah.. which reminds me... This contest was held not only at BFC, but also at KFC and the newsgroups, right?

Whoa.. Gary, your reason for winning the knife must've been something!
smile.gif
we're not just looking at 2,000 members here, but much much more!
smile.gif

Let us know once the room stops spinning.. hehehe!!!
smile.gif

Dan

Congratulations!

I would really like to hear what you have to say about them both in comparison to each other, after you get them both and have had time to try them out a little.

I am especially curious about this talonite, whether it is all that it is hyped up to be.

You have three girls? I guess you need all the help you can get.

Gary,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You'll love the Genesis folders and once you experience Talonite, I've no doubt you'll become a convert too!

All the best!

-=[Bob]=-

SharpCdn, yep 3 little weddings, with the oldest having her year this year, she will be 16 on July 16th, and my youngest also will have her year this year, 8 on Sept. 8th.

Need all the help I can get!

G2
smile.gif

I'll work up a comparison when I get the two knives and see how it pans out, cutting similar stuff at the same time type thing, should be interesting! Hey Senator, getting a Talonite too! (he's got a real nice one from Kit Carson!)

Good things happen to good people and Gary Graley is the one of the best!

Congrats, bud, I am very happy for you!
smile.gif

------------------
~Greg~

G2 - congrats dude!!

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator
AKTI Member # A000005

"They say I'm in need of some radical discipline"

Congrats to you Gary. Thanks for leaving my my contest failure record intact. I'd hate to lose out on being a loser.
smile.gif

------------------
-Tim-

Way to go Gary, let us know how you feel about the Talonite folder when you've had somme time with it. You lucky devil you.
wink.gif

Congrats!

Looks like we started a trend here at BF huh?

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

smile.gif
Way to go Gary! Feels great to win something, doesn't it?
smile.gif

------------------
"All of our knives open with one hand, in case you're busy with the other"
<OVAL OFFICE JOKE>

Back