Talonite vs CPM-10V at a high polish

What sweet clarity you distill from the turbid currents of imagination that swirl in the wakes of our vaunted blades.

Thanks all, I just added a graph which shows the deformation blunting as a percentage of the initial performance. I think it makes a more immediate statement in that format.

-Cliff

Maybe something that I missed in the test results (I read both the D2 and the 10V), but what were the edge lengths of the knives tested? This parameter has been mentioned to me before, in the various threads where I have mentioned the, IMO, poor edge holding of 440V in a production knife when cutting cardboard, so I'm just curious. Did you cut through the cardboard in a manner to ensure even wear on the blades? (Obvious question, I suppose.)

Thanks for your continual quest for the best
wink.gif

------------------
inktomi

Rockspyder :

Did you cut through the cardboard in a manner to ensure even wear on the blades?

To some extent the geometry will influence the result. However it will not come close to the difference in performance seen. And yes I did take steps to minimize this effect. You bring up a good point. I discuss this with respect to the edge profiles and should comment on the lengths and overall geometry as well.

-Cliff

Back