Tamper resistant TORX bit size for WAVE?

Does anybody know what size tamper resistant TORX bit you need to adjust the WAVE?

------------------
I don't want my children fed or clothed by the state, but I would prefer THAT to their being educated by the state.

I MAY be wrong, but I think Leatherman uses a proprietary fastener; it isn't a torx, as I think it has round corners as opposed to TORX's ponty-star shape...

--dan

Sears for T-proof torx. But dano's right. A torx has 6 Points, the Leatherman 5. That ain't right. I want to be able to take things apart if I drop them in sand.

jeff

What the? thought you were joking until I looked at mine, somewhat impractical. Not only 5 pointed recess but with a nib in the middle, definately a specialty tool.

Yeah, I thought it would be easy enough to knock the pin out of the center until I noticed the difference. Unless the T-proof Torx is supposed to have 5???

jeff

Rats!!!

You're right. TORX has six prongs; Leatherman has five. Those turkeys!!!

Why are they so against an owner's being able to adjust his own tool? Same with the PST II. Why those silly screw heads?

If either product had standard fastener heads, a little experimenting and a drop of locktite would save a lot of shipping expense.

------------------
I don't want my children fed or clothed by the state, but I would prefer THAT to their being educated by the state.

[This message has been edited by Uncle Bill (edited 30 September 1999).]

Back