Tank Prototype up for grabs!

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
Howdie guys and gals. I have the Tank prototype that I'm putting up for sale. I fell in love with it, and had planned on keeping it, BUT unfortunately I'm going to have to let it go. I have a new personal knife for myself in the works, and I can't justify keeping this one.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Tank prototype (that is all over my Instagram), it was deigned to meet the needs of infantry soldiers without being too bulky or heavy and adding significantly to their weight. It's big, but not too big. It's thick, but not too thick. Also, normally I don't go in for gimmicky features, but the soldiers that asked me to design this were very adamant about it being able to smash and pry open things, thus the interesting butt. This particular prototype is slightly thinner steel than the final design being produced (5/32" thick vs 3/16" thick), but I actually preferred the 5/32" version for real life. Those soldiers can take advantage of the extra thickness, but for most of us, it's a bit on the slow side. I prefer the cutting ability of the 5/32".

I have to admit, I'm completely unprepared to write this thread, as I forgot to write down any of the specs before I came home, but I'll give some approximates until I can measure everything tomorrow. It's about 12" OAL, approx. 6" handle of desert tan G10 over black/DT/black liners and black phenolic pins. The handle is also beadblasted for an incredibly grippy finish. The steel is 5/32" thick O-1 with an acid dip matte finish (that has held up incredibly well to testing). The sheath is black kydex with eyelets spaced for a large Tek-lock, MOLLE locks, etc. It does show a little wear and tear from the testing I did with it, but if you watch any of the videos of me smashing it through stuff, you'd be surprised how clean and nice it still looks. I tried to include enough pictures to show everything. None of the damage is anything more than cosmetic and the knife will carry my warranty, just like it was brand spankin' new. I have decided NOT to clean this one up to sell it, because it would dramatically effect the price. I figure this way, someone gets a helluva knife for a deep discounted price. Keep in mind, YOU WILL BE GETTING THE ONLY ONE OF THESE EVER DONE IN 5/32" THICKNESS. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER.

The price on this one is $300 shipped to your door inside the CONUS. If you live outside the CONUS, let me know and I can calculate your shipping. This knife is sharp and ready to ship, so if you purchase it tonight, it will ship tomorrow morning.
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Without further ah-doo, the photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
Back