1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tanto PM2!!

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by jstn, Jan 22, 2019.

1. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Eric shows this at the end of the video linked below. He said it is a prototype, but he would like to make some. It looks really well done to me. I like the fine tip on the PM2, but I would probably get a tanto just for fun:

neal70, Standard78, Lapedog and 2 others like this.
  2. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    No Tanto PM2.

Boxer .45, snooka, Mo2 and 5 others like this.
  3. morvlorv

morvlorv Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2014
    ^^^

Boxer .45 likes this.
  4. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    Yeah it’s ok, but that Lightweight Para 3! That’s bound to be a homerun.

trackstar55 and toxophilus like this.
  5. Coyja

Coyja Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Nope. Hard pass.

Mo2 likes this.
  6. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Ah..... I'd jump on a tanto PM2.

Hell, I'm ready to preorder.

7. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    In jade g-10 and m4? I would be all over that! :thumbsup:

8. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Love everything about that lightweight Para 3 except the clip. I always end up snapping those things. That tanto is cool looking. Not for me, but neat :thumbsup:

anthony cheeseboro likes this.
  9. PeterS84

PeterS84 Sharpening addict, collector of "super steels" Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    Tantos have held little appeal to me in the past and I don't think I would be interested in buying a tanto PM2. The blade shape is a big part of what appeals to me on that line, so I wouldn't view a new tanto offering as an improvement worth spending my $ on unless there were some exclusive steel offerings in that configuration.

10. lieferung

lieferung

May 24, 2016
    A sort of improvement on the Lum Tanto sprint, eh?

The tanto is, to me, a decidedly non-Spyderco design. But the PM2 is so popular and I'm sure some folks out there want a tanto, or even just a fresh take on the PM2, so good for them!

neal70 likes this.
  11. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Exactly!

I'm just going to say that I was disappointed with my jade Lum tanto and leave it at that.

12. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I was going to say no way not for me.
    But being hollow ground (if that is the way the production version goes) I see shades of the Gayle Bradley One there.
    Hmmmm
    I was wrong about the GB blade shape (I like it now that I own one) before that I just thought it was weird.
    Hmmmmmm
    Tanto Para 2 . . . maaaaaaybe.
    I would never give up my full flat ground pointy Para2 for it .
    Might carry both together in the same day though.

13. MI-FZ6

MI-FZ6

Oct 8, 2014
    I just saw it at SHOT show along with a wharncliff version too. They have alot of prototype blades on display

14. wildwoodsy

wildwoodsy

Sep 4, 2018
    I'd happily hand over my $.

Standard78 likes this.
  15. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Definitely want this tanto para 2 depending on the tip. I love the para 2 but the fragile tip has always been my main gripe about the knife.

16. blame it on god

blame it on god Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Before I say eff no. If they can do a "traditional(ish) tanto or more specifically like my swamp rat tallywhacker. Yes. American tanto is a hard absolutely no.

17. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    I just got my first tanto folder a few months ago. I appreciate hard use work knives, but I don t like the tanto. I ll definitely pass on a tanto point on my medium hard use PM2. Why mess with an already great all around edc?

18. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes to tanto!
    For most of my knife uses(card box, yard work etc.) tanto cuts as well as other blade shape. Love the aesthetic of the tanto, the stronger top couldn't hurt.

Standard78 likes this.
  19. lieferung

lieferung

May 24, 2016
    WHOA, now THAT I want to see!

kniferbro likes this.
  20. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    I'm sorry Eric, I hate the compression lock. I love the Lum grind. I'm torn for sure

[​IMG]

jbmonkey, rpn and Kreyzhorse like this.