Tanto Sebenza

I just ordered a tanto sebenza for $360.00. As a limited edition of 400, I was so surprised at actually finding one that I whipped out my Visa.

This will be my first Sebenza. I currently own two production Emersons (cqc-7 & Commander) as well as a Spiderco endura.

What attracted me to this version was the tanto blade. I am a police officer and generally carry a knife or two as backup self-defense. Besides I just think a tanto looks meaner
biggrin.gif

Does this knife actually hold any collecter/resale value if I decide I don't like it? Or did I buy a lemon. I have never spent this much on a knife before.

Any opinions from owners of this model, or any other Sebenza would be appreciated. Also is there any anodizing on this knife or is it simply plain gray? It's hard to tell from pics.

Thanks,
Joe

i dont know anything about sebbies but if you go to the knives for sale/trade section and search for sebenza you will turn up one listing on your knife. that guy can tell you all you wan to know. also i was wondering since you are a cop why you prefer the tanto oven a good bayonet or stabbing style tip. have you gotten better penatration with a tanto. i would think that the tanto point on the sebbie tanto would not have much of a stabbing capibility where as the tanto pointed smith&wesson would. you can e-mail me your responce.
blader@keg-party.com

------------------
i know what your thinking. does he load five or does he load SIX?- dirty harry.
always load six.-me

Joe Cop-

Congrats on the Tanto!

Rest assured you DID NOT buy a lemon! I think you'll soon find why so many are loyal "Sebenzanistas". Just wait for a few more replies to this thread and you'll feel a lot better about your purchase. It's one big family here, and I can almost guarantee you'll understand that a lot better once you've got your Tanto Large.

And if for some reason you decide you want to sell it, you'll have no trouble moving it on the Exchange Forum. That's certain.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

(where's stjames and copfish? They'll tell ya')

clip

The Tanto Sebenza is about as far from a lemon as you can get. I carry mine on a daily basis and this knife is one hell of a work-horse. You will not be disappointed. And by the way, I know you spent alot of money on it but DO NOT BE AFRAID TO USE IT. This knife is made to be used.

Regards,
Art

Thanks for your replies. I think "lemon" may have been a poor choice of words. What I really meant to ask is whether or not this will be seen as a desireable version as compared to the regular Sebenza. I may or may not decide I want to sell or trade it towards another CR knife in the future. I know that I am getting an extremely well made knife regardless of resale / collectors value.
smile.gif

My decision to purchase a Sebenza was largely influenced by all the wonderful things posted about Sebbies in this group, so I value your opinions. I am fairly new to this knife thing and want a very high quality piece of equipment I can actually use. I like the fact that if I mar the finish, I can send it back to CRK and have in refinished for small money.

In the mean time, I'll be watching for the UPS guy
biggrin.gif

Joe

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forums.
You now join the Sebenzanistas, welcome aboard.
And yes, you got a good one, if you decide you don't like the tanto, it will be easy to trade or sell
biggrin.gif

Joe Cop:

Welcome to the family! I have a left hand tanto with partial serrations. A very well made knife and light weight due the titanium liners. The lockup is super strong. You don't have to be afraid of using it because for a small fee ($20.00), Chris will refinish the knife and sharpen it to make it brand new. You are not just buying a knife but also buying great customer service. Chris will bend over backwards to make you a satisfied customer. But be warned Sebenza mania is contagious. Once you get your tanto the next thing that you will want is another Sebenza. I would sugest a plain small for off duty use or maybe a large plain or maybe a decorated large. And then you have to get an uumfaan to complete the trinity. I just ordered a small left hand wood inlay. I might have to wait 6 months. All of them are very nice knives meant for hard work and very capable of taking out any bad guy you may come across. I'm looking forward to your reaction when you get the knife. Like I said, I love mine, wouldn't give it up for anything (well almost anything). Welcome aboard the Sebenzamaniac train!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Scott Dog (edited 04-10-2000).]

Back