Tanto Sebenza

Does anyone know if the tanto Sebenza will ever be made available in a plain handled configuration? I have seen the NICA limited knife and I really like the blade style but I don't care for the ornate handle. I guess what I'm looking for is a plain, classic Sebenza (like the one that rides in my pocket every day)with a tanto blade.

I asked Anne that question when the NICA Sebbies first came out, and the reply was that the tanto Sebbie was a NICA exclusive and would never be sold otherwise. That said, see my posts on the new NICA Limited 150. The NICA 150 is a 4" fixed blade tanto, but so is the Tanto III which CRK has produced in the past. But significant changes were made (especially to the blade grinds) so that these two knives are distinct. So perhaps one day CRK will make a non-exclusive tanto Sebbie with a plain handle. My guess is that they won't, however, because the NICA Sebbies are still available at retail, and there just does not seem to be a lot of interest in tanto blades anymore. The other possibility is to swap out the NICA handle slab for a plain one, but you would probably have to obtain a plain Sebbie just to do this.

Back