Tapered Tangs

I think we need more pics and less gum flappin! Here's the tapered tang on my Hunter going from 3/16" down to not very thick at all, blends in well with the thickness of the liners. :)

hW9AP5H.jpg

lYexxiZ.jpg

Speaking as someone who has wide short hands/fingers, onset of arthritis in my knuckles and nerve/tendon damage in my ring finger----- I am VERY appreciative of the variation in Andy's handle design and thickness.

Every handle Andy makes is comfortable and workable, just that folks with oddball hands like mine may have to try a few to find one that is "just right" for my particular issues. When you do, the clouds part and the Angels sing.

The Bush Hermit did not work for me as my fingers to not have joints in the right spot--whereas the Arete feels like it was made just for me. It is this variability that allows each person to find their perfect knife.

It is this variation that assures each person the opportunity to tune his knife to his hand. IF you happen to be in the 70% percentile of 'normal'- your search will be very short.

I just got in a most beautiful custom shop Runt. Due to my damn messed up finger, it will have to go to someone else but that is a good thing as it will be perfect for another Fiddlehead. ;)

Bill

Back