• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

'Tarpon' cross bar (axis) lock. (SOLD)

BogdanS

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello dear brothers,

With God's good will today i present you a new addition to our portfolio - 'Tarpon' cross bar (axis) lock.
It's a full custom folder and the first wearing the cross bar lock - a mechanism that i am now in love with.

Detail are s follows:

- wolfram special carbon steel blade, 64 hrc edge, clay hardened with a nice hamon that looks fabulous in this setup; 0.08" thick stock and full flat grind.
- vintage micarta scales with a great depth and pleasant structure, buffed to a nice finish.
- heat treated stainless steel liners; jeweled on the inside face for a perfect match in the setup.
- brass pivot pin and rear pin.
- heat treated stop pin and cross bar.
- stainless steel screws.
- surgical grade stainless steel springs.
- phosphorous bronze washers with 'lube pockets'.
- adjustable position thumbstud.
- overall 7.7", 3.1" blade.

It has a very smooth action, it's light and scary sharp. It's not perfect but it is worked with great care and into detail - all parts except the screws were handmade by me in my shop - (app 50 hours from start to finish).
It comes with a custom make kydex case as in the pics.
Picture with parts before assembly (the springs were 'touched' up a little bit after the pic was taken for a better action.

The price being the first one is SOLD

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan
2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much my dear brothers, as usual you are way too kind!

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Thank you all!

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Last edited:
Back