Taz neck knife

Mykl Clark

Banned
I've had my new neck knife that the forums very own Taz made for me for about a week now and it is a handy little piece of equipment. It's larger than most neck knives but I wanted it that way so it would really just be another fixed blade that I can wear around my neck. Last Sun I had to help take down the Airshow at Naval Station Norfolk and we had to cut snow fencing and zip ties galore. I was in charge of a group and none of the others had knives so I ended up having to loan out alol my other knives and using the neck knife. I probably took down about 1000 ft. of snowfencing with it and cut countless zip ties and at the end of the day it was the only knife that could still pull hair. There is a pick on this page. http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum60/HTML/000361.html

------------------
Mykl
Once you start down the path of the sharp side forever will it dominate your destiny

I'd like to know a bit about your new knife. I like it's looks.

Is the D2 the enhanced variety?
What are the dimensions and weight?
How much?

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

I don't know about the enhanced D2 but the knife really didn't turn out as heavy as I had expected. the lebght is 7 1/4", thickness is 1/8", blade lenght is 3 5/16ths, and width is 1 and 1/16th". It cost $75 and is well worth every penny. Not to mention that the customer service was just great.

------------------
Mykl
Once you start down the path of the sharp side forever will it dominate your destiny

The D2 was HT and cryo by Paul Bos. He does a superb job! It isn't the Modified D2, however...I don't know where to get that
frown.gif
.....yet
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Taz (edited 05-08-2001).]

If I remember correctly, it weighted maybe 4 oz? i can't remember and the scale wasn't too accurate. Mykl, can u weight it somehow or compare it to another knife? This is a failry large necker, but the profile is maybe about .5" thick including sheath (1/8" blade stock, .10 or .12" approx per handle slab of bone sheath is .06 kydex.

If you are interested, I have a set of giraffe bone scales I am looking to have an excuse to use
smile.gif
My other neckers will prob be slightly smaller than these 2 as they are fairly large, but i can do larger ones.
smile.gif

Back