TDI Carry Question

I picked up a KA-BAR TDI Hinderer Hell Fire on Amazon the other day (it arrives in two days), and I was wondering how you guys have used/carried a TDI if you’ve got one. Where do you place it on your belt (or elsewhere), and what have you found useful about your TDI knife? Thanks in advance for any commentary on the TDI knives! Oh, and what is your opinion on G10 handles for the TDI knives?

i have the longer one that came with an ankle strap, so it's usually strapped to my ankle strangely enough... I don't know if they still come with the strap, but it's pretty comfortable.
the shorter one I have on the kabar belt clip. I snug it up the back of my belt loop like in the middle of my hip.
I find them a pretty decent utility knife.

i have the longer one that came with an ankle strap, so it's usually strapped to my ankle strangely enough... I don't know if they still come with the strap, but it's pretty comfortable.
the shorter one I have on the kabar belt clip. I snug it up the back of my belt loop like in the middle of my hip.
I find them a pretty decent utility knife.
Well, I got my Hell Fire, and it doesn’t come with a leg strap. Worse yet, the clip is about 2cm too short to properly attach to my duty belt. I’m really disappointed since this is supposed to be designed for law enforcement in particular (it’s worth noting that I am not law-enforcement. Yes, I wear a duty belt, but that’s just because they are so handy). For now, it rides in my pocket just because putting it on the inner belt just doesn’t feel good at all to me.

that's unfortunate. i'm not all that familiar with duty belts (also not law enforcement). could you attach it with some paracord? let me know what you come up with.

that's unfortunate. i'm not all that familiar with duty belts (also not law enforcement). could you attach it with some paracord? let me know what you come up with.
I haven't replied to this thread because I haven't come up with a satisfactory solution yet! :D Right now my standard operating procedure is to carry it in my inside coat pocket where I can access it fairly quickly, but obviously that idea will have to be canned once winter subsides.

Yup 550 cord is my go to.
Any way I could get some pics on that, tueller?

Had one or two originals many years ago. I remember being impressed with how closely it snugged up to my hip on a belt.

Back