Team Leader Duratech

Cool pics everyone. I personally like the blade of the old Team Leader but dislike the look of the handle. Just doesn't flow right for me. Now the new Team Leader, it's on my list of knives to get this summer.

Heber

My feelings to buy the team leader duratech are complicated. On the right, I love the new steel ,tougher than S30V WOW !! it's not often that we see a real steel upgrade at SOG (BG-42 was a revolution, now duratech) A leather sheath is great(even if a hybrid leather/kydex sheath is more appreciated for this valuable knife). BUT at my left , this knife is too similar with the X-42 field knife !! nearly the same handle and blade shape, No tini or hardcased coating available. The retail price, it's a little too much when you consider all this.
I'm fighting hard to find all the X-42 models (discontinued, sadly for me), because I really want them , because I think they are innovatives and worth to own. (by the way if someone has an X-42 autoclip tini for sale, don't hesitate
If only I could buy a team leader duratech with a titanium nitride or hardcased coating !!!!!
Is someone know if SOG do custom order?
What must I do? buying the knife as it is or waiting ? maybe a tini model will be released ???

I will still need to put a custom handle on it...:D

DLCFieldKnife.jpg

Back