Techno (by MarcinS) - new model coming soon...

Wow, plain and simple = got to get one ! But I already told wife "this is the last knife I will ever buy"

Wow ... That is one beautiful knife:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: ... Details? Price / Release? :p

I know, I have to wait ...

The original piece that we have has a blue backspacer. We matched the proto that we had. Don't know where the "other" sample came from.

Marcin made couple of custom folders with this pattern. The original one has blue G10 spacer (probably favorite Marcin's backspacer material) but there are also some with micarta and orange G10. The original one is in Golden now so I took another one from my friend and it just happened to have canvas micarta spacer. It all depends on personal preferences. I like both micarta and blue G10. In my personal folder from Marcin I got blue G10.

BTW, there are many makers, who would be happy to offer aftermarket backspacer in any material one needs... Titanium, micarta etc.

Wow beautiful knife.:thumbup:
Was 1 of my 2 favorite knives on the A'dam spyderco meet:).
I want one.

Edit:

request to Sal (Spyderco): please use/make the darker rough stonewash finish like MS has on his own custom.

Last edited:
Any chance of getting a picture of the Techno beside another Spyderco knife for size comparison? ie, The Cat or Sage or just good old specs.These pictures are awsome teasers !!

I don't care for the back spacer either, but I adore the design. Simple and stout. I'll buy it regardless if the price is reasonable. Hope it keeps the wire clip...

I think the over all design is great. I also like the choice of blade steel, the wire clip, and the tip up configuration. I'm fine with the blue back spacer but it would be fun to play with a few materials and colors. I was thinking that I would prefer a black spacer but I have a few black or darker knives. Blue might actually lighten things up a bit. Might be more non-knife people friendly also. I will be getting one. Mike

sal, do we have an ETA on this yet? or atleast an idea of what you guys are shooting for?

As far as I know i should be in stores beginnig 2012 (intro @ SHOT?).

You asked about specs? Blade 2.55", closed knife 3.45", overall 6.00"

Hi Popsickle,

As Piter said, probably early in 2012.

Hey Piter,

We'll need the proto back for catalog photos.

sal

Definitely on my "to-get" list!

For small-but-not-too-small + graceful + built like a tank, I like this even better than the Spur.

Back