Tell A Little About Yourself

I'm 51 years old and have been a chef for nearly my entire adult life. Presently I'm working as the Exec Chef of a nonprofit in Montana. I'm a long time knife nerd (kitchen & outdoors) as well as a bit of a gun nut. My main love outside of work is hiking and camping so Montana has been pretty good.

Update SC. I'm 35 with three young kids. Day job is working 12 hour shifts at a plant. Hobby is renovating houses (my wife does all our buying and design, I just do the labor she specifies). Knife usage is a combination of utility for construction type work as well as firewood prep. We don't live in the coldest climate, but we try to heat with wood as much as possible in the winter. It's a little tough when the daytime temp is low 50s and the nighttime temp is high 20s - pretty tempting to just let the heat pump do its job.

I enjoy handmade items. I have a few hammers made for me and an axe on the way. I have my first custom order knife on the way from John later this year.

Last edited:
I am 39 again, I just celebrated the 15th anniversary of my 39th birthday. I figured if I stay that age, I might eventually get it right......I will let you know how that goes, still working on it.:p I have a large collection, so I am trying to resist anything new, so I try to see what knives I already have that satisfies that urge for something new. Sort of a rediscovery, they were obtained for some of the very same reasons I like the new knives. So why buy when I already have some that meet those needs?......Or wants. :D

Last edited:
I'm a 36yo soldier, I have a bunch of sons for future wars, leather work is my main hobby once the boys get a little older I will go back to hunting trophy and dangerous game for my main hobby. I retire in a few years and will be forced to get a real job. Real jobs frown on mid day gym sessions unlike my beloved Infantry that promotes it. Im in a desk job now because I climbed the ladder high enough I guess which is not why I joined. My recruiter never told me when I rank up there is no more fighting. And of course I collect jkhandmadeknives when I can. I need to get back on his books and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Hi, I’m 28 and recently just started discovering the forums here. Much to read, learn, and look at. I work in NW Colorado for Colorado parks/wildlife as a a biologist technician. My primary duty is tracking 350+ collared mule deer, as a part of a greater mortality study. So you can imagine I use knives a lot when doing a “necropsy” to see how each individual deer died, what condition it was in, etc.

I have a background in making custom bicycle frames, so I’m drawn to all the custom knife makers on this forum. I also have a great passion for traditional bow hunting, and dabble in making my own longbows to hunt with. I look forward to the interactions on this forum! Thanks.

W
Hi, I’m 28 and recently just started discovering the forums here. Much to read, learn, and look at. I work in NW Colorado for Colorado parks/wildlife as a a biologist technician. My primary duty is tracking 350+ collared mule deer, as a part of a greater mortality study. So you can imagine I use knives a lot when doing a “necropsy” to see how each individual deer died, what condition it was in, etc.

I have a background in making custom bicycle frames, so I’m drawn to all the custom knife makers on this forum. I also have a great passion for traditional bow hunting, and dabble in making my own longbows to hunt with. I look forward to the interactions on this forum! Thanks.

welcome, cool job.

Back