Tell me about Bob Loveless

I wasn't sure about which forum (custom or general) should I post this to, but I guess this is more a "general question", so here we go.

What can you tell me about Bob Loveless? I've seen mentions of him since the first time I ever checked out any knife-related website (the Knifecenter). Who was he? What did he do? All I know is that he was one of the founding members of the Knifemakers' Guild and that it was he who came up with the Big Bear style sub-hilt fighters. It would be great to know more, since I have a feeling that this is one of the key issues when talking about famous knifemakers. Do we know of anyone who has one of his knives? When did he pass away? I have absolutely no idea about this, I've just wondered if I was even born (1979) when he was among us. Any and all information is welcome.

Jani

------------------
Two important questions in life:
Do they have a catalog?
Did you know there's a town called "Batman" in Turkey?

Jani, Bob is still very much alive. He is one of the giants of the custom knife making community. Many of his innovations are taken for granted today. He is especially famous for his early drop point designs, was among the first to use and popularized the use of 154cm for knives, was among the first to use an intregal design in custom knives. I really can't begin to detail his influence on the custom knife world of today. I would suggest you try Amazon.com and look for books about him.

phantom4

------------------
who dares, wins

Jeepers!
redface.gif
And I thought he was dead because every where he was mentioned, he was spoken as being gone...Like "He WAS", "He did" and "I KNEW Bob Loveless..." (said by William L. Cassidy in the thread "OUR HISTORY - *interesting* stuff, LONG, COOL!" by Jim March sometime in February). Thanks for you reply & correction!

Jani

------------------
Two important questions in life:
Do they have a catalog?
Did you know there's a town called "Batman" in Turkey?

Back