Tenacious - Blade Wear?

I've had my Tenacious for about a week now, and I'm very surprised at how quickly it's showing blade wear. I've used it to cut paper and some light rope, but nothing heavy (not even cardboard). The area around the hole in the blade where the pivot pin is; it looks like the metal has been wearing way. As if the washers were rubbing metal away or something.
The blade surface is showing lots of scratches too, in the form of lines running from the tang to the tip. It looks like somebody sharpened it badly and they ground into the blade itself and not just the edge. I'm not sure what this is from.

Any ideas what's causing this, or how to remedy it? I already took the knife apart and tried to polish everything with simichrome polish, but it didn't help much.

I just checked out my workhorse Tenacious for similar signs of wear and found none.

It might need a good cleaning? You could have some junk in there rubbing the blade as you open/close it.

I used mine to cut up a couple branches a few months ago and other then one big scratch on the blade the knife is as smooth as when i bought it.

Did you loan the knife to anyone that might have abused it without telling you? Sounds like it's been used to open cans.

Last edited:
I had a similar experience wit my tenacious after cutting up some cardboard boxes. I did not really care though because i bought it to use as a beater.

I had a similar experience wit my tenacious after cutting up some cardboard boxes. I did not really care though because i bought it to use as a beater.
Ditto. Was opening and breaking down a bunch of cardboard boxes, has some weird marks on it that don't seem to come off with rubbing alcohol. Tried soap and a couple other things too. They kind of look like semi-regular in shape, and don't reflect the sun as well (unpolished?) compared to the surrounding satin-machined finish.