1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Terminus XR updated?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by SPBTooL, Feb 17, 2019.

1. SPBTooL

SPBTooL

Feb 3, 2019
    Was there a minor update to the scales of the XR in it's production run?

A few weeks ago I first got to hold the XR at a Cabela's. Every angle and edge of the handle and flipper felt sharp. This weekend I held one at another chain store and it didn't have any of the sharp feel anywhere other than on the jimping of the flipper.

Any idea is this is from an update in their manufacturing process, a fluke difference or just because one was handled more than the other?

2. digitalaaron

digitalaaron

Dec 2, 2018
    I wonder if the change is related to the expansion of the Terminus XR line to include the green and red scaled versions.