Terror Monkey

On a for sale post, the question was asked about what is a Terror Monkey. In view of the injunction to avoid extraneous posts in the sale forum, I will try to answer here.

Per my 74 year old memory, which is subject to correction by other old-timers:

Terror Monkey was originally a series of three different blade lengths of the same pattern with a unique camo pattern coating. Although not official word from Busse, scuttlebutt was that the term applied to Israeli commandos who boarded a targeted ship by rappelling from helicopters.

later on, the term Terror Monkey was applied to certain runs of other blade patterns also.

Here is the word directly from the man, a little different from what I remembered:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...fer-on-the-terror-monkey-mil-over-run.316538/

I got one of the AA-type Terror Monkeys from a 2008 ganzaaa. I'd remembered (or misremembered) more of an explanation of the name, and that it had something to do with Israeli commandos or counter-terrorism troops, or something like that. Must have seen it somewhere else.

After I bought one of those fewer-than-30 AA-type knives, I found out they were likely illegal in Texas (because the knife could be construed as brass knuckles, which were illegal to possess even in the privacy of your own home). I must have lost that knife in a boating accident or something. Now that they've repealed that stupid law, I guess I'll have to dredge the lake and see if it turns up.

Back