? Terry Hearn

oupa

BANNED
I have been looking for my “ideal” EDC for a while now.
I wanted a wooden handled knife shaped like the slip-joint folders of old, but it had to be a one-hander, liner-lock and have a clip.
William Henry and Russell’s “one hand knife” came close, but has no pocket-clip.

This had me eyeing off customs.
Firstly I was surprised to find that I could buy a handmade knife for a little more than a WH or CRK would cost me.

I found my ideal knife.
Made by Terry Hearn.
On searching to find out more about him, I noticed that although a full time maker, not many of his products seem to be on offer.

Any opinions on his products and their quality ?
Any info about the man and the durability of his knives would be appreciated.

I have met Terry and have seen the quality of his work. It is no wonder that there are so few of his knives up for sale at any given time, they are snapped up as soon as they are finished.

Oupa,

Terry is a great guy. Nice to talk to too. He knows how to make a knife. You won't be dissappointed with his work.

Liong

Terry Hearn comes to a lot of the gun shows here in Houston and Pasadena (He lives in Lufkin, I believe). I have talked with him a couple times and have handled both his folders and fixed blades. His folders are very, very smooth opening. After fondling the two he had on his table, he handed me his personnal folder in his pocket and it was just as smooth as the new ones. His attention to detail is very good and his folders are incredible looking. He makes very nice knives and I'm sure you would be proud to own and use it.

Thank you for the comments.
I must admit that I am awaiting the arrival with antisipation.
In the photos, the file work looks beautiful.

I have one of his hunters that I put up for sale recently. Nobody inquired about it, and I didnt bother to put it back up to the top, as I am amazed at how clean the work is the more I look at it. If nobody buys it, it wont break my heart to keep it. Very nice work.

I have two Terry Hearn knives, one is a drop-point Damascus hunter with beautiful stag slabs and the other is a neat little neck knife with a mirror finish and a great kydex sheath. I carry that as often as I can, how's that for a recommendation? Terry's work is very good, his prices reasonable and I think you'll find him friendly and courteous to deal with.

He used to be a major contributor over on the CKD forum but I haven't seen him around a lot recently.

Roger

I have personally owned 6 of Terry's knives. He is a great guy to deal with, makes a great knife and is 150% behind his work for life. He strives to make his customers happy always. That is his goal.

I highly recommend his work..

I had one of his Tac III neck knives. It was one of the nicest knives I have ever laid my hands on. I bought it for $100.00 from Bob Glassman (another great guy BTW!). I carried it for a few months, and then a buddy offered me 2 times what I paid for it, and they knew what I paid for it. I of course went for it. I have meant to replace it, but have not got around to it. Anyway, Terry is an outstanding knife maker, and his knives are well worth the money. I think you don't see many of his knives for sale because nobody wants to part with them. I know I am kicking myself for selling mine. :(

Back