Texas Bowie Maker Michael Connor?

I've read great praises of this Texas Master Smith and his work. Seems that even Jerry Fisk has a Connor bowie knife in his collection. However, I can't seem to find a single photo of his work.
I'll probably never be able to afford one of his knives, but if anyone has a pic I'd sure appreciate seeing one.

Thanks in advance!

Frank:cool:

Interesting that this name should come up now. I was looking through a stack of old business cards that I collect every show I go to, and found one that had something written on the back. Sure enough, it was one of Mike Connor's cards. And sure enough, I had ordered a small 7" bladed bowie from him. The card said he had about a 2 year backlog. The card also had a date of about 3 years ago on it. ;)

I will look around and see if I can come up with a picture of one of his bowies.

I believe Mr. Conner was mastersmith class of 83. I had him as an instructor at the ABS school last Sept. Would love to own one of his knives. Have never even seen one. I know he is a great guy, Puts in a lot of time at his full time job, and is highly respected by other great smiths.
Dan Farr

If you find the old "fighting knives" with the John M Smith "Inner City Bowie" on the cover, there is a Connor bowie pictured in that issue.

Ive been waiting about 5 years for my name to come up, hopefully this year will be the one.

I'm dredging this post up because I searched to find out the exact same thing FrankDL asked: does anyone have a pic of his work? I repeatedly hear how impeccable his work is, but have NEVER seen a single image or one of his knives.

Thanks,

Coop

From a previous thread posted by Ron Newton.

attachment.php

I have not seen one of his Bowies, but plan to call him tomorrow to see if he has any pictures to share.

Thanks Keith. I missed this somehow.

Ahhhhh.... I see now--it's all VERY clear! :)

Coop

I called Michael this evening and it seems that he doesn't have any pictures of his knives. He said if I want to see one of his Bowies there is a picture of one in Weyer's Points of Interest book V.

Just saw this Mike Connor knife posted at Nordic Knives. A rare treat to see one of his! Looks fantastic! Too bad it's sold!
Picture is from the Nordic Knife site.
Frank:cool:

connor700.jpg

cb_130a.jpg

Thanks Frank, that is a beauty all right.

I contacted michael and have put my name on his list. He says it could be five or six years before my name comes to the top. I hope we are both still alive by then.

Well at least it's good to know that he's still taking orders!:)
He sure makes great looking stuff!

Frank :cool:

I had Michael Connor as my instructor for the second week of my intro to bladesmithing class. Michael is a precision kind of guy. He's a toolmaker by trade and manages a toolroom and shop floor at a stamping shop in Winters, TX. He's also an all-around great guy.
JP

Back