Texas Heritage Hunter and FIF Damascus

Jason Fry

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

One of my favorite things to do is to make knives with historical materials. A couple of times a year, I'll build a "Texas Heritage Series" knife. This knife, available for purchase, comes with all kinds of wonderful stories. The blade of this knife is 33 layer slow twist 1080/15n20. This piece of steel is the other half of the billet from which I made the crescent blade of my Forged in Fire final weapon, the Qinglong Ji. The guard of this knife is wrought iron wagon wheel from my great-great grandfather George Kromer of Spicewood, TX. The spacers are World War 2 practice bomb material collected from a training target. The handle material is osage/bois d'arc fence post from a fence installed in 1912 along the railroad between Abilene and Dallas. The fileworked frame is blued mild steel. 10.5" overall length with a 5.25 blade.

Front side profile
IMG_0758.jpg

Front side damascus
IMG_0759.jpg

Back side profile
IMG_0755.jpg

Back side damascus
IMG_0757.jpg

Fileworked and blued frame handle
IMG_0760.jpg

Screenshot of this billet from FIF
IMG_0739.png

The other half made this :)
IMG_0749.png

This one's for sale in the classifieds, now that I finally renewed my Knifemaker membership :)

The professional picture does a lot more Justice to your craftsmanship. I'm sure it's even nicer in real life.

The professional picture does a lot more Justice to your craftsmanship. I'm sure it's even nicer in real life.

Good pics don’t cost as much as they pay, imo. Makes a world of difference.

Back