Texas legalized automatic knives - Will Kershaw/ZT produce any now?

Texas, a large state (26 million people), will stop prohibiting automatic knives starting Sept 1st. This should open up a huge market for Kershaw/ZT to explore. Will KAI revisit their automatic line of knives due to this? What I wouldn't give for a Kershaw Commander or a Rouge.

Just sayin', a lotttttttttttttt of Texans will be in the market for automatic knives soon. :)

26 million people and a lot of us carry knives (Texas has to be one of the higher percentage knife carry states I would think). I've waffled about my interest in automatics personally, but if ZT made one I'd likely go for it.

26 million people and a lot of us carry knives (Texas has to be one of the higher percentage knife carry states I would think). I've waffled about my interest in automatics personally, but if ZT made one I'd likely go for it.

I would think it would be the ZT line that would make it also. Kershaw as a brand seems to be going for the value price point with majority of their new knives being chinese made. The ZT line will continue to be there US made, high end line and I think an auto would fall into this category.

I wish they would because my primary interest is autos, and all of my EDCs are autos too. Since auto laws were repealed in KS and MO, I haven't carried a Kershaw or ZT (but do still collect them).

I think some D/A folders might catch on though. Scale/bolster releases, or something with a well placed firing button.

I didnt think there would be a yes on that. While the victories in Texas and Indiana regarding Autos would open the market to some new buyers I figured that its not enough of a change to get KAI back in the fold. I dont think the issue was ever that they didnt have enough customers for the knives but all the legalities and hoops one must jump through to stay within the safe zone of the laws. Sometimes no matter how cool product is its not worth risking everything you have on the table for a switchblade.

They did briefly. Really wish I would have picked up a purple breakout when I had the chance.
wDVprzA.jpg

ybPqPxF.jpg

It's too bad ZT isn't going to make one, that would be sweet! I was wanting an OTF double edge but those are still going to be illegal.

Back