Texas toothpick, or other fishing kinda knife

people, would a texas toothpick be good for fishing? if so, by who, who makes a decent inexpensive one

also gus
shoot me an email, wanna chat with ya

Yes, they make good fishing and allround outdoor knives. While they would'nt be my first choice for really large fish, they work well for most stuff.

Finding a good one is a bit tricky, they've lost a lot of ground to the Rapala/Normark line. Case still makes one though. Standard toothpicks are a bit hard to find in stainless.... maybe bulldog:)?

Case makes the yellow one with a hook sharpener for a shield and a scaler blade. I picked one up for my sister (loves to fish) and she is very happy with it.

I have the KBar version of the toothpick/fish knife for years. It has a second blade that is a scaler, hook disgorger, and bottle opener. There is a sharpening stone instead of the shield.
The design works well, but it is a folder and can get gunked up.

I believe Queen makes a D2 version for around $40.
I think I saw it here:
www.knifecenter.com

There was a old Colonial version in the Cutting Edge paper catalog.
www.cuttingedge.com

Good luck
Ebbtide

hmm, never did think about the folder getting gunked up, im not too wild about case knives anymore, and i cant find the kabar :(

maybe i'll just stick to a fixed fillet knife, it wouldnt have a chance of folding shut on my fingers anyway :)

Puma makes a funky fishing knife with a scale and a bonking ball on one end for administering the last rites. I don't own one but have always thought about picking one up. There are an abundance of them on ebay.

Back