Textured and Heat Colored Titanium Ring

I made this out of a regular Ti ring for my webmaster (Ness / tracer-san), in the same style of the handles of a linerlock I've finished recently.
He picked it up today and just sent me these pictures.

Pics

texturedtiring1.jpg

texturedtiring2.jpg

texturedtiring3.jpg

texturedtiring4.jpg

texturedtiring5.jpg

texturedtiring6.jpg

texturedtiring7.jpg

Colors get more vibrant when the light hits it.

texturedtiring8.jpg

texturedtiring9.jpg

texturedtiring10.jpg

Wow I really like that. I also really like your site! It would be cool if you could put up some pictures of the process you do for the ring.

Edit: How strong is the coloring? does it scratch easy?

Last edited:
I'll see if I can take some pics the next time I make one.

As with any coloring, it can scratch, but not that easily. Plus since the surfaces are embossed, it'd be harder.

I'll get tracer-san to post some new pics in a week or so, so far he tells me it's just like when he got it. It gets more subdued colors with the natural skin contact, but when you wash your hands it comes up with the vibrant colors again.

Ruben

I'll see if I can take some pics the next time I make one.

As with any coloring, it can scratch, but not that easily. Plus since the surfaces are embossed, it'd be harder.

I'll get tracer-san to post some new pics in a week or so, so far he tells me it's just like when he got it. It gets more subdued colors with the natural skin contact, but when you wash your hands it comes up with the vibrant colors again.

Ruben

Thanks that would be great. I really think you did a great job. It looks like a work of art!

Back