TGLB Love!

TG from a ganza with a Para2 and L1T-v2.
BkBRXKu.jpg

I've just released all my BG TG's. They should only be INFI! Good or Bad that's my stand. :D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

F'lar, did you ever go into the process of restoring that unwanted TG? I know you explained what you did but Im still curious how it went from a to z if youre ever feel like going into it.

F'lar, did you ever go into the process of restoring that unwanted TG? I know you explained what you did but Im still curious how it went from a to z if youre ever feel like going into it.
This is an excerpt from another conversation. If it's incoherent I blame it on Guinness Extra Stout.

"The diamond stones I use the cheap stones that come with the lansky angle sharpening kits. There's a coarse and a fine for the wet stoning to knock down the the worst of the milling marks. It's work but they chew it up, use an old tooth brush to clean the stones often. Once I get the tooling marks to where there just faint lines I'll switch to wet sanding (Use full strokes down the length of the blade). I start with 220 grit, when sanding don't stop until all the scratches from the previous grit are gone. Then progress through the different grits, I use 220, 320, 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 and 2500 grit. At thatpoint you will have a mirror polish. For final touch I picked up a $50 bench buffer with spiral sewn buffing wheels and somegreen and red Rouge Jewelers Paste. Hit it on the buffer with the green paste then with the red and you'll have one slick n shined finish. On flat grinds I use the flat side of a sanding block, on shallow hollow and hollow grinds I use the curvedside of the sanding block. For convexed blades I use a1.5"x12"x3/16" piece of oak (hard but flexible) with a strip of leather on it to conform to the blade. Clamp the blade tight so it doesn't move while you work and go to town. Before you know it she'll sparkle and shed water like a fresh waxed car."

I love the look of the TGLB-M , but :confused: I just can’t go with the shorter blade. :eek:o_O

Beardie locks and the 3Hogs.

TGP too big
TGM too small
TGLB/TG just right

This is an excerpt from another conversation. If it's incoherent I blame it on Guinness Extra Stout.

"The diamond stones I use the cheap stones that come with the lansky angle sharpening kits. There's a coarse and a fine for the wet stoning to knock down the the worst of the milling marks. It's work but they chew it up, use an old tooth brush to clean the stones often. Once I get the tooling marks to where there just faint lines I'll switch to wet sanding (Use full strokes down the length of the blade). I start with 220 grit, when sanding don't stop until all the scratches from the previous grit are gone. Then progress through the different grits, I use 220, 320, 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000 and 2500 grit. At thatpoint you will have a mirror polish. For final touch I picked up a $50 bench buffer with spiral sewn buffing wheels and somegreen and red Rouge Jewelers Paste. Hit it on the buffer with the green paste then with the red and you'll have one slick n shined finish. On flat grinds I use the flat side of a sanding block, on shallow hollow and hollow grinds I use the curvedside of the sanding block. For convexed blades I use a1.5"x12"x3/16" piece of oak (hard but flexible) with a strip of leather on it to conform to the blade. Clamp the blade tight so it doesn't move while you work and go to town. Before you know it she'll sparkle and shed water like a fresh waxed car."

Perfectly clear, although it may be the two pots of coffee running through my blood.
That was a great story because I was seeing that knife on the exchange ant it was such an awesome blade but it wasnt moving for whatever reason, maybe the staining, but then you got a hold of it and it came to life, great story. Thanks for the details.

LOL! I started reading that and I thought - I know that message! :D:D

Yea man,
The next morning I reread that and thought "damn I'm all over the place. My only hope was to think you would read it and 2 n 2 together and make sense of it.

I do all this :poop: on my phone, so I'm no big typer and the auto spellchecker can be a bitch.

I love the look of the TGLB-M , but :confused: I just can’t go with the shorter blade. :eek:o_O

Beardie locks and the 3Hogs.

TGP too big
TGM too small
TGLB/TG just right

I understand this and used to agree until I picked up the TGLB Mini.
I found I was reaching for less blade for EDC so the full size TG sat around more than I liked. The TGLBM is the perfect large EDC for me and it is freakishly light for a 6” blade.

I know i'll have one of those one day. I know i'll have one of those one day. I know i'll have one of those one day. I know i'll have one of those one day. I know i'll have one of those one day. I know i'll have one of those one day. I know i'll have one of those one day. I know i'll have one of those one day. I know i'll have one of those one day.

somebody found a mini.....smiley yellow face here. Just pretend ok.

Back