TGLB vs Force multiplayer v8

People are preparing for the arrival of the shiny TGLB LE that is going to be released "2 weeks" after the dagger. :D Offload that ugly coated one to buy a nice shiny one "soon" LOL

^ This will bring down aftermarket value of coated tglbs more than anything! But bc of budget, the V8 will affect aftermarket value of tglbs at least for a limited time. As does any big hit knife Busse releases. Increasing supply of infi most like means deceased demand at least over short time periods or over the period of increasing supply. ;):)

That being said I’m w P2.1. Ima keep both! ;):D

I don't really call $8-900 TGLB's dumping, I call that supplying a niche market demand- if I had a couple of them? well that would only be smart because that was probably the idea when they were bought and that's just a good return investment and the way I see it, they are worth it if that's what the market will bear and what it would cost me if I want one but I'm holding out for my very own un-fondled LE :D
I am quite impressed by the ability of this particular blade to be so strong and makes me very comfortable paying whatever it is as these knives are released but I am generally the end user and rarely get rid of anything -

For the collector, a dagger is probably more iconic and from what I've seen, they seem to be more desirable to collectors.

That being said, the TGLB is a much better knife if you plan on actually using it.

I also avoid daggers because while it's legal for me to carry almost any knife, double edged knives are illegal. But I could carry a damn sword if I wanted as long as it only had 1 sharp side.

Would also like to see a v4 or M version of this, that would make a bad lil self defense knife. Right now at 8+ inch blade it's more short swordy

Well I can admit that I will never use the Busse Force Multiplier V8 for what it was intended for, that doesn't mean I don't want one. It just jumped to the top of my list next to the Silent Knight and a BG MOAB. My TGLB has seen alot of use and was worth every cent spent on it. It is more practical for my needs outdoors and trekking through the woods than any dagger.

A friend of mine said something about Zelda. Now I am not interested in the V8 any more. The TGLB is a great all around knife. It can cut, chop, stab... The V8 is just for stabbing.

For the collector, a dagger is probably more iconic and from what I've seen, they seem to be more desirable to collectors.

That being said, the TGLB is a much better knife if you plan on actually using it.

This is a great point about collectors. I don’t consider myself a collector, but, if I’m being honest with myself, it’s hard to have 40 Busses sitting on a shelf and not be collecting them. Just thinking about this is making me reconsider purchasing the Force Multiplyer, because while it looks incredibly cool (and it really does!) I always told myself I would never buy something I wouldn’t take out into the woods to use and so far, I haven’t...

If I give in on buying the FM, I will have to really face the fact that I am, indeed, a collector, and that wasn’t my goal, and would cause me to reevaluate the way I approach buying knives.

This is a great point about collectors. I don’t consider myself a collector, but, if I’m being honest with myself, it’s hard to have 40 Busses sitting on a shelf and not be collecting them. Just thinking about this is making me reconsider purchasing the Force Multiplyer, because while it looks incredibly cool (and it really does!) I always told myself I would never buy something I wouldn’t take out into the woods to use and so far, I haven’t...

If I give in on buying the FM, I will have to really face the fact that I am, indeed, a collector, and that wasn’t my goal, and would cause me to reevaluate the way I approach buying knives.
Just consider it a really big letter opener and it instantly becomes a user. Problem solved!

I want one to go on my plate carrier, seems the perfect place for it to go. Figure if I have to put on armor and what not it is a good backup to have available. Going to the woods, I’ll take something different. Mission dictates gear, but you need the gear to accomplish the mission

Haven't seen the pic yet.. But I can weigh in on the TGLB. I missed it when it was still being sold but I got one from a member a few months ago. Promptly stripped it and I love it. For me, it blows the TGBG out of the water, and I had one of those and let it go. I didn't pull the trigger for the battle shark, but I'd love to have one. And strip it. Not selling the TGLB for something else though. It was what I had always wanted for that style and type of blade. It is a huge knife and balanced the way I like for what it is. Yes it is a 'combat knife' but it can be used for a variety of tasks from the mundane to skinning a car door. A dagger however is suited to a narrower field of use.. But that won't slow very many people down here lol

2 completely different knives i think

Daggers are more for fighting than a camp knife.

The TGLB is more all around camp knife that you can fight with.

The FMV8, I love the looks and what it is designed for it will excel at.

I will definitely get a few.

But again 2 different knives with 2 different purposes.

Get both ;)
This ^^^^

Part of me wants to take the V8 and put it through all of its paces at “suboptimal” tasks like chopping.

It can’t be allowed to sit in all its beauty, it must be christened beyond mere letter opening and stabbing!:eek:

Throwing comes to mind.

You say no batoning, I say you are merely batoning both pieces of wood at the same time
(ps - don’t use a mallet:p)

Who am I kidding? I’ll get one to put through the paces AND one to sit all purty like on the shelf!:thumbsup:

Guys, if anyone is seriously reconsidering not getting at least one, go back and look at that pic for goodness sake!

Not that I’m any kind of enabler, but the sooner we forgo the trappings of modern life the sooner we can pool what meager resources we have left so we build the Busse Combat Fan Compound of Hogdom where we gather to watch for brown trucks, and pile our credit cards together in the communal bonfire that is OP2W pt.2

Seriously, Jerry and Crew are killing it right now!

C Crosier Inspiring! Moving and emotional! Love it! .... I think, we all know it's going to sting and that CF option is going to sting like a NUCLEAR MISSILE! with no floating war feather, nope, gonna sting hard.....So we'll need a couple days formulating the justification internally while finally arriving at the point of which you speak - facing the facts we're probably hooked and rationalize with knowing "I'm a good person, I know I am" ... but, I'm an addict and I'm OK with it ;) .... I can admit I've wasted a hell of a lot more chasing various levels of euphoria through the decades but you have to admit, Shiny Infi is not the worst thing in the world to have the inability to say "No" to :D
Some numbers would be good so we could just get past it, but it's going to be a big ole hunk of chewy pickled pigs feet, bone and cartilage to swallow.

Back