Thank you Chris Reeve Knives!

I want to thank Chris Reeve Knives for helping me out with my Sebenza. Heres what happened:

I bought an older Sebbie not long ago and since it was numbered P125 I decided to put it up and not carry it (it didn't have a pocket clip on it anyway). One day I got it out to look at it and noticed that the blade had a crack in it above the thumbstud. It was obviously like that when I got it so I emailed CRK and told them my problem. Bridget answered my email and told me to send the knife in and they would fix it for me. Well, little did I know, I would get a new looking knife back from them. I got it Saturday and it looks awesome. It has a new blade and they refurbished the titanium and put a new lanyard on it. I am really pleased with the Sebenza and I will definitely be buying more CRK's in the future. Since the day I sent the knife in, I have gotten myself a small Sebenza and an Umfaan which I have carried every day. I am carrying the large Sebenza today in a leather pouch down in my pocket. I have been so used to carrying a knife with a clip, but I will get use to it. I will probably get Gary Grayley to make me a sheath for it soon. I am off to find a brother for my "new" Sebenza.

I forgot to mention above, the Sebenza is razor sharp now!

One question for CRK or anyone that may know. What does the P125 stand for on the knife? Is that a pre production number? Thanks!
michael

------------------
"For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Heb. 4:12

"Lets meet at my house before the game on Sunday" God

[This message has been edited by NCBlades (edited 02-19-2001).]

When we first introduced the Sebenza, it was an entirely hand made knife - we made 80 something of them - and each knife was marked H.. with the number. In 1991, we purchased a CNC mill and began profiling blades and handles on that machine which ensured better tolerances and repeatability. To distinguish between the hand made and "production" knives, these were marked P... with the number. We stopped marking them that way because there was quite a bit of misrepresentation in the market place that the P stood for Prototype.

Anne

Back