1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Thanks Benchmade...

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by colin.p, Jul 30, 2019.

1. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    ...and especially thanks Lyndsey for sending me out parts for my 940-2. I wish I could avail myself of the spa treatment but we poor northern schmucks up here have to do our own fixing/repairs, but at least you still took care of me and once again, I thank you.

2. Dodgie02

Dodgie02

Jul 8, 2017
    Holy shit. Like what parts? Bought a bugout again recently, dropped flytanium on it, wasn't sure if I liked it better with stock weight so I took the thing apart, cleaned it, and was going to reassemble but something with family came up. When I I got home I seemed to be missing my standoffs and the rest was in disarray. I'm even suspecting my cat as it likes to play and take stuff to her hiding spots outdoor. In the end it doesn't matter.

Contacted Benchmade. Explained my situation, took responsibility and additionally that I am European, having to send a bugout in, pay for the trip back, and then alone I'm out roughly 80 eu- which is if a jackass at posting service nl decides not to include import fees on a repair like with my 940-1. Instead I asked politely whether they would be able to ship 2 single standoffs to me instead, and I'd pay all charges upfront.

No deal, got a standard reply, like copy paste about how I can send the it in for their wonderful lifesharp service. Internals won't be send out. Period.

Considered making my case again but if one fully in know shipping a bugout out for 2 standoffs for 70 percent of the price of a new bugout, sees this as the best way to help out a European customers who's wiling to pay for it all and offered proof of purchase as well.. Well I bought some off ebay which should arrive in a month or so..

First negative experience with their service. Hell, spyderco has a stick up their butt about sending out parts but with the same terms as above, they even send me a whole set for a sage 5 when I only needed two stripped out screws replaced.
    Their lifesharp service is affordable when you consider the knifes worth to be more then double the shipping and new blade costs.

But as far as Benchmades around 130 eur you best better buy new again instead or look for the least shady vendors on eBay for some unknown quality replacements?
    I think I won't be buying Benchmade soon again, got all I want save an anthem and this left me with a sour aftertaste.
    What fool would pay 80 euro minimum for standoffs, when for a few bucks more you have a new complete bugout along with them?
    I don't know, if this is what I can expect as a loyal European Benchmade fan, I feel less like chearing

3. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    I must admit it took a couple of tries to get omega springs, but the second try they said yes. Interestingly, I really didn't need them as I made my own anyway but WTH I have a spare set when one of my other 940's bork.

A year or so ago, I got a complete set of screws and a DC clip for an old beat up 580. I would like a new blade for it, maybe I should ask for that too? The worst they'll do is tell me to bugger off I suppose...

4. lovescamaros

lovescamaros Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2014
    they will sell you a new blade.

colin.p likes this.
  5. boss_crew

boss_crew Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Nothing but good experiences here.

D.Ward likes this.
  6. Dallas T

Dallas T Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2013
    That’s why companies don’t like people disassembling of their products it’s a constant request for pieces and parts. I never understood that, unless changing handles or something of the sort. I don’t understand buying a brand new knife and immediately taking it apart

7. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    In case BM actually reads this (doubtful) I'll prove that they will be hearing from me again at some point.

[​IMG]

vinte77 likes this.
  8. Benchmade

Benchmade BMK Jimmy - Design Engineer Moderator

Jan 25, 2013
    Nice collection colin.p :thumbsup:

colin.p likes this.