Thanks Danelle

Got my stuff today! Damn it's cool. I know we're not supposed to talk about the stuff we got (just the knives we didn't
smile.gif
) but I got the package at noon, put my new spyderco pin on my collar and have been getting comments and strange looks all day. I love it! Am I weird if I don't want to put the sticker on a car I may sell in a few months?
Thanks a million, Danelle. Just think, I don't even own a Spyderco yet--at least until my "other" package comes this week.
wink.gif

A little note about Durian fruit--I knew I'd read about that somewhere:
"Worst Fruit: The Durian. It's about the size of a bowling ball, covered with sharp, stiff, spiny points, and grows on trees throughout southeast Asia, most predominantly in Malaysia, Thailand, and Indonesia. The business end of a durian, which is the inside, is mucuslike in consistency, and the unique flavor is reminiscent of garlic, smoked ham, and rancid cheese. Durians, known throughout the orient as the "king of fruits," are prohibitively expensive when not in season--a medium-sized fruit may go for five or six dollars--and potentially lethal in the hands and stomachs of the unanointed. (One danger is in their weight. Unwitting foreigners have been known to be struck fatally on the head by durians falling from trees. Others have made the mistake of washing down a durian dessert with a quart of beer. The resultant gas has blasted their insides to smithereens.) Walk through the vegetable stalls in Singapore or Bangkok during durian season and you'll swear the city's sewage disposal system is on the blink. English novelist Anthony Burgess, in fact, has said that dining on durian is a lot like eating vanilla custard in a latrine."
--From Felton and Fowler's Best, Worst, and Most unusual.

I don't vouch for the accuracy, and it dates from 1977, but I don't find myself rushing out to find a durian dealer!
smile.gif

Alrighty then....
ix-nay on the urian-day. I like a beer now and then, and wouldnt want my gut blown to smithereens, thanks.

I got my first packages today!!! From bald1 and copfish. Too fun! Took the stuff home for the night to show my son and husband, they were duly impressed. My husband even wanted to keep something bald1 sent for himself. (Gently but firmly said NO!) Also had to fight my son for the patches copfish sent....=)

This is too much fun!
Danelle

[This message has been edited by djo62 (edited 29 April 1999).]

And people say _I'm_ crazy for occasionally eating White Castle burgers...

Mike

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Refund! You lose! :)

Here's a close up without the stink
wink.gif

durian.jpg

Eating durian is a "hate it OR love it" affair. Obviously, Felton and Folwer hated it.

smile.gif

It looks like something off the X-files.

Mike
wink.gif

------------------
Hey! Uncle Sam!

(_!_) Nyah nyah nyah!

Refund! You lose! :)

Danelle, I'm not a member of any cool unit, but how about some Monmouth College stuff for the collection?

I think F & F got it secondhand. That's a great book to have around, though. Every chapter is Best (best restaurant, cookies, ice cream, BBQ, beer, etc.) followed by Worst (worst restaurant, cookies, etc.) followed by Most Unusual, which is the most fun.
smile.gif

Thank you Danelle.
I got my goodies-bag yesterday. Very cool stuff. Now I think about adding a Centofante to my collection.
Well another hard decision large or small serrated or not.
anyway

Thank you Danelle.
red

Danelle,

Thanks again for the bag of goodies and for putting up with more nonsensical chitchat.
I went home for lunch and there it was. Thanks a million, Danelle. Some very cool stuff there. (Now Sal, about that raise for Danelle....)

I was wondering if your son was in need of any military type items? I have a bag of stuff from my days as a ground pounder and would be happy to send something out your way.
I don't have a list of stuff but let me know.
E-mail me off-line if you want.

Shane

P.S. Hey Titan, did you ever see the video "Faces of Death" can you say monkey brains. But seriously, how does it taste.
------------------
God bless!

Romans 10:9-10

"Military" Fans Unite!!

[This message has been edited by William Johnson (edited 30 April 1999).]

Danelle,

Glad to hear that the reciprocal goodies package arrived all right. Kinda curious about which item your husband was interested in...maybe the VHA patch?

Be sure to let us know when the "wall of fame" has been built and pictures taken. I think we'd all like to see it.

Now another favor. Sal has indicated that the black C36 pocket clips will soon be available. Is it possible to collect our names so that when available we can receive an e-mail with ordering/payment instructions? Hope this hasn't been overtaken by events. If so, I apologize as I must have missed a post somewhere.

All the best!

------------------
-=[Bob]=-

I did NOT escape from the institution! They gave me a day pass!

I got brian caffrey's package today...very cool! I always have to bring everything home and show the "fam" before stockpiling it at work for the display....

bald1--we loved the VHA patch, have a friend that is a taxidermist that would love it..we'll show him and probably never get it back.

Keeeeep it coming!

Danelle
William, I'll send ya some mail...

I got brian caffrey's package today...very cool! I always have to bring everything home and show the "fam" before stockpiling it at work for the display....

bald1--we loved the VHA patch, have a friend that is a taxidermist that would love it..we'll show him and probably never get it back.

Keeeeep it coming!

Danelle
William, I'll send ya some mail...

I'm glad you like it, Danelle. I'll rummage around & see if I can come up with anything else for the display.

------------------
--+Brian+--

Danelle I am having problem with PO can you tell if you sent my little suprise out???
Thanks ahead of time......

I got my package! Yippee!

Danelle is the Goddess of Golden! What knife company gives you goodies? Answers your questions? Fixes your toys and sharpens 'em for free? Puts up with your emails? Sends you a 25lb turkey with every purchase? Spyderco, that's who! Hurray!!!

Oh, erm, 'cept that last one. But turkeys don't mail well, anyhow. Well, I'll have to see what I can send back...hmmm, something from Massachusetts...a tax form?

Hey, I know I'm not supposed to talk about the package, but one thing I think you won't mind - the catalog. It appears to show a flat-ground Police Model. Are these for real? Will we see them anytime soon? Too cool!!!

------------------

-Corduroy
(Why else would a bear want a pocket?)

Danelle, another thanks to you. Got my goodies today and, in a truth stranger than fiction, karma kind of thing, I sent out a Scout patch from the Motor City to you yesterday. If you want anything else, I'll see what I can do!

Corduroy~~
Good call! The G-10 Police is flat ground. It was released in '97. It's real! It's not a dream! You need one!

Danelle

You and I both, know what I need Danelle....a Peter Herbst. Are ya sick of hearin me whine about it yet??? Once I have my mind set on a knife, (or anything else) I can't stop thinking about it non-stop until I finally get it. It only took me one day to get the Mini-SOCOM Auto.
smile.gif
smile.gif
The Herbst, however, will have to wait till I can find one suitable fer my needs...*wink*wink* -AR

------------------
- Intelligent men, unfortunately, learn from fools, more often than fools learn from intelligent men.

Back