1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 21, 2018.

1. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow with your families. Connie is working all weekend, so we had a small turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and corn yesterday when she was off work. Since she is working tomorrow I’ll be spending some time in the shop.

2. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I'll mostly be lounging around the house, but I plan to drop by my brother's in-law's house for a little while. My family does "Thanksgiving" on the Saturday after as it is much more convenient for everyone and allows us to spend more time together.

ty_higg, JK Knives and austexjg like this.
  3. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    we plan on hiding from the world - except maybe going for a walk or a bike ride, since the weathr is supposed to be spectacular tomorrow and Saturday - with rain Friday and a blizzard Sunday. (high Saturday 60, high Sunday 33 - with 5" of snow and 50 mph gusts)

ty_higg, JK Knives and austexjg like this.
  4. austexjg

austexjg

Oct 22, 2014
    Happy Thanksgiving to John, Connie and family and to all the JK Handmade Knives clan and all of Bladeforums in general.

ty_higg and JK Knives like this.
  5. Simplejack

Simplejack Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2017
    first year with out any company over. I love guests but I also love not hosting and just spending time with my family. happy thanksgiving to yall and god bless.

JK Knives likes this.
  6. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

7. jbarsquat

jbarsquat Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Happy thanksgiving to everyone and I hope you all get to spend some quality time with the people that matter most!

8. protourist

protourist “Where's that confounded bridge?" Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
    I'll be working. I'm thankful to have a job that gets me home every day.

9. Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    I took a meat syringe and injected the turkey with 3 sticks of butter and seasoning then did a dry rub

ty_higg, Wurrwulf and JK Knives like this.
  10. ty_higg

ty_higg Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Happy thanksgiving to the jk knives group hope y'all had a good one!

JK Knives likes this.
  11. greatscoot

greatscoot It's called a "Clip" Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

ty_higg, Simplejack and JK Knives like this.
  12. STAINLESS90

STAINLESS90

Sep 5, 2014
    Been a little while since I stopped in here last but good to see the old homestead is still here! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and I hope everyone has a great day!

ty_higg, Simplejack and JK Knives like this.
  13. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    equal parts butter, garlic, and the hot sauce of choice makes a good injection before deep frying.
    (i.e. tabasco, franks, louisiana red hot, datil do it, yucatan gold, cholula, etc...)

Simplejack likes this.
  14. Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I hope it was a good one! Mine was spent moving from Idaho to Montana. Luckily a good buddy of mine volunteered his trailer and his time to move my stuff. I was unloading into a storage unit and my new apartment, didn't really realize it was T-giving until about six that night. Wound up eating takeout from a fast food place, only thing open here in Bozeman. Hopefully everyone else had a good time.

15. B JACKSON

B JACKSON

Sep 19, 2012
    Sure hope you like fly fishing! Bozeman Montana is mecca for the sport.

Rob Babcock likes this.
  16. Mtblair

Mtblair

Dec 21, 2013
    Great fly fishing still to be found but the president rivers are very crowded between shore fishing, guided and non-guided fishing boats and partying tubers.

17. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Went to some in-laws house on Thursday where they did the full-boat American menu. Dry, overcooked turkey and I couldn't get any dark meat because all the youngsters grabbed it first.

So I made up for it yesterday.

Porchetta. The Italian spelling. Boned, rolled, tied, and slow roasted. Pulled it at about 130°F. Seasoned with confit of garlic, fresh English thyme, sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns. Boned out with a Kephart-style knife. I like the spear point for this work.

[​IMG]

Rob Babcock likes this.
  18. Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    is that a jk knife?

19. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Nope

Simplejack likes this.
  20. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    No. Forum rules may not allow me to link it. Shoot me a PM and I'll spill the beans.

He got the overall dimensions right, but it's still a full flat grind, unlike the originals.